Drowning

Training may be difficult and all, but swim meets?

They eat at your soul.

Maybe it doesn't for everyone, maybe some people genuinely enjoy having a gazillion half-naked incredibly sculped man bodies bumping into them whenever the try to make a simple movement.

Or maybe the way you have to watch every step so you don't slip on the incredibly wet concrete and break your nose in front of everyone on the way to your next event.

Or maybe you're just crazy.

Don't get me wrong, I love swimming. But the competition portion? I hate with a horribly pungent passion.

It was way more fun when I was younger. They were all entirely outdoor meets which mean popsicles after races and water slides.

But now I'm grown up.

Wich mean disgusting slippery indoor meets where no sunlight can escape to give me some hope in this musty olympic-sized swimming area.

And don't even get me started on the bleachers.

Meets were a lot better with my teammates with me, but right now the only members of my team that qualified are catching up with their friends from other schools.

After crushing my first event I decided to take a break from the pool deck and head to the concession stand. I could really use some nachos.

Yes I know that you shouldn't eat before swimming, but I'm really hungry okay?

Though as I neared the stand I quickly took a sharp U-turn at a familiar face. 

"Aw come back giraffe-man!"

'Nope nope nope nope nope-'

I cringed when an arm slung around my shoulder and turned me back around abruptly.

"How about a hot dog? My treat."

Takahashi flashed a pearly-white smile my way and I felt like should just disappear right then and there.

I bowed (a secret maneuver to duck under his arm) and shook my head while walking backwards.

"No no it's okay I promise uh I just was lost looking for the soccer room- wait no the poker room- No I mean the locker room!"

You were frantically shaking your head with your hands out in a "no thanks" gesture. My face was burning and I was contemplating just skipping nationals at this point.

Takahashi had his hands crossed in front of his chest while he LITERALLY backed me further and further into a corner. His face had an amused smile -taking joy in my struggle I guess-

"How can such a tall lanky person be so cute, you make no sense (L/N)-chan"

My eyes widened in surprise.

"Ch-Chan?! T-Takahashi I uhm well you see- OUF"

I took one more step and my back was abruptly met with a hard surface.

"What's going on here?"

A long arm was snaked around my (still bare cuz y'know swimsuit) waist. I visibly relaxed as I realized the voice behind me. I didn't even have to look up to know that my boyfriend was standing there.

"Yo dude I've never seen you around, you a swimmer?"

Tsukishima did not seem quite happy with that question, if the tight squeeze of my waist was any indicator.

"I'm not a swimmer, I came to watch my boyfriend."

The speed that Takahashi's face turned pale could probably win him his next race. His eyes kept glancing back and forth between the tall blonde next to me and myself.

"Oh fuck. oh FUCK. Wow you guys are both fucking tall holy fuck."

He quickly left, and I'm pretty sure I could still hear him whispering 'oh fuck' all the way down the hallway.

"Has this dude been pestering you this whole time?"

I avoided eye contact with my boyfriend and scratched the back of my neck.

"Uh well... he did walk in on me in the shower-" "He did WHAT"

Kei was visibly pissed and I was just embarrassed. I took the back of my hand to my mouth to cover my blush. It was quickly removed though, when the shorter blonde in front of me clutched my jaw and turned my head to meet his face. He was visibly pissed, but his golden eyes captivated me too much to turn away.

"What did he do."

It wasn't a question, but a statement.

"It's not a big deal Kei..."

I yelped when he grabbed my waist with his large hands and pulled me closer to him. If he was any shorter than he was this would never work.

"I can't have my upperclassman getting hit on, as your junior I'm supposed to protect you right?"

I bit my lip and looked down.

"That's supposed to be my job..."

He smirked and moved his hand to tilt my head back up.

"Well I prefer this much more. I'm not just your freshman I'm also your boyfriend y'know."

Before I could reply his lips were on mine, in the middle of the indoor pool's canteen area. With a red face I slowly closed my eyes to return the kiss. It had a sense of possessiveness behind it that was so very obvious.

When you both pulled away for air he gave his signature smirk.

"I don't want to see one other fish out of water try to take what's mine, got it?

A/N: IM BACK BABYYYYYYYYYY! Miss me? Probably didn't lol. Hope you liked it :) Oh also, send me some BL dramas to watch. I accidentally go addicted to Sotus... oops. Thank you so much for reading! Bye y'all!

Word Count: 908