Thunderstruck

It had been a normal practice for Karasuno.

I mean, as normal as it can be for the Karasuno Volleyball Team.

Kageyama had already decided that his hands were useless and used his face to block the ball twice, Hinata and Nishinoya had a 3-minute screaming match with each other, Asahi got crucified on the volleyball net by Tanaka and had to be untied by Sugamama, and Daichi has gotten a permanent red spot in the middle of his forehead by whacking it against the wall in irritation.

All-In-All, it was a pretty tame evening.

They were in the middle of a receiving drill when they heard the first rumble of thunder, nobody really thought much of it except for the ones who usually walked home. They just groaned and silently prayed they remembered to bring an umbrella.

A knock sounding at the doors of the gym startled the boys into stopping the drill. Ukai raised an eyebrow and mumbled to himself,

"I wonder who that could be..."

He made his way to the door and slid it open, shocked to find about eight soaking high school looking boys standing behind an equally as soaked man who seemed to be in his late twenties.

The man bowed in front on the blonde male.

"Excuse us! I'm Coach Nakamura of the Karasuno Swim Team, and these are my swimmers! We were in the middle of practice when this unexpected storm hit, this was the closest building!"

The man let out his whole explanation still bowing in a ninety-degree angle. Coach Ukai just gave him a smile and stepped aside.

"It's no biggie, come on in fellas!"

Each swimsuit-wearing boy staggered into the warm gym and their bodies immediately relaxed, happy to be out of the pouring rain and thunder. The entirety of the volleyball team kept their eyes on the unfamiliar faces pouring into their practice space.

Daichi stepped forward towards the team and gave a small bow.

"I'm the captain of the team, Daichi Sawamura, let us all introduce ourselves."

One by one all of the volleyball players began telling the team their names,

"Shoyo Hinata! Nice to meet you guys!!"

"Kageyama Tobio."

"Y-Yamaguchi Tadashi!"

"Tsukishima."

And so on...

After the introductions were complete, an olive-haired boy stepped from the group and bowed at them as well.

"Makoto Tachibana, thank you for letting us invade on your practice time! Let us introduce ourselves!"

"Nice to meet you all, I am Rei Ryugazaki."

"Haruka Nanase, I only swim free."

"Nagisa Hazuki at your service!

"Uh, (Y/N) (L/N)"

You get the gist.

The two groups began freely mingling with each other and getting to know them, completely forgetting about how they were in the middle of practice.

"Wow you're really tall!"

Hinata's eyes sparkled at a (e/c) eyed boy drying his soaking hair with an orange swim towel. The sudden yell from the first year made the tall boy jump a bit and look down at the shorter volleyball player.

"H-Huh?!

"You're even taller that Saltyshima!"

"Saltyshima? I-"