Eye Of The Storm

"We're dating"

Yamaguchi choked on his juice at the abrupt statement made by his best friend. He coughed a bit and gently set down his beverage on his lunch tray. He looked at Tsukishima with wide eyes before casting his gaze over to where you were nervously trying to tell the lunch lady your order. He looked back and forth between you both for a while (you being oblivious to it all) before snapping out of his daze, grabbing the blonde first-year by the shoulders and shaking him back and forth aggressively.

"WHAT HAPPENED WHILE YOU TWO WERE ALONE IN THE INFIRMARY?!"

Tsukishima heaved a heady sigh while brushing his friends hands off his shoulder. He noticed the attention he had gotten from Yamaguchi's loud outburst and he didn't particularly enjoy it.

"Yamaguchi shut up"

Said boy slumped down in his seat with a sigh, picking at his food with his fork.

"You don't even sound excited or anything, (L/N)'s so nice! You're lucky Tsuki"

The tall megane didn't respond, he just went back to eating his food. His actions made the freckled teen even more irritated.

"I just wanna know what happened! C'mon Tsuki!"

Tsukishima decided to just give into his friend's request, he had every right to know. Plus, he was expecting these kinds of questions from his best friend, he shouldn't really be surprised.

"Whatever.... after you left-"

~~Flashback~~

The door to the infirmary slid closed, leaving both of the tall athletes alone in the small office together.

(L/N) went back to nervously sipping his drink, avoiding all eye contact with Tsukishima who was trying to figure out wether he should be irritated or concerned. He chose the former.

"I warned you."

"I know."

"I literally told you what to do and you did the exact opposite."

"I know."

"Was it so hard to just listen?"

"No."

"You could have just texted me-"

"I KNOW!"

(L/N)'s free hand was balling up the fabric on the nurses bed, his head was pointed downward so Tsukishima couldn't see his expression through the strands of hair that fell over his eyes. The tall blonde's mind raced for the next thing to say, but he drew a blank at the sight of a tear dripping down onto the other male's thigh.

Without thinking the megane took two long strides forward and swiftly reached out his hand to lift (L/N)'s chin with his pointer and middle fingers rather aggressively. His golden hues pierced into the other's (e/c) with an unreadable expression.

Both of the students were surprised by the younger's actions, but mainly Tsukishima himself, not knowing what to do now but admire the shimmering (e/c) sea that anyone could get lost in, even with tears welled up in his eyes, (L/N) still managed to unintentionally take his breath away.

It irritated the blonde immensely, how attached he had become to one person so quickly. It took Yamaguchi months to break Kei's shell, but yet here (y/n) was, not even trying but still succeeding in the task few had managed to accomplish. Having Tsukishima Kei care about you.

He was confused how simply texting him when he was finished with homework could make him feel all happy inside. He was slightly grateful for the taller boy's loyal personality, because no matter what he would always respond to his texts as fast as he could.