Chapter 5: I wonder...

Piper's POV:

It has been about two months now, and I haven't hurt myself in any way; I have mostly A troupe to thank for that!

I also finally got my aerial but Angela won't let it go, she still makes me practice it because apparently I'm still 'beginner'.

James and his band are still on tour, living their best life while I'm stuck at home, constantly getting bullied by my family. James and Riley think that my brothers and my dad no longer blame me for our mother's death but little did they know that it's actually much worse than it was before.

There were even some few times where I thought one of them was going to hit me, luckily they didn't but still.

My patience and resilience is wearing thin and I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to be able to do this for.

Instead of harming myself, I've resorted to doing drugs, such as cocaine.

Ha, just kidding.

I resorted to bottling up my emotions; if you don't feel it, is it really there? I know that one day, the lid on this bottle is going to burst but that day has yet to arrive so I just keep going.

》》》

I could smell leftover macaroni and cheese so I walked downstairs to grab a bite to eat, but when I got to the kitchen, as usual, there were only three plates. Rolling my eyes, I opened the microwave, only to find it empty. After searching all of the cabinets and the fridge, I still found no food.

"Um, where are the rest of the leftovers?" I asked, nervously as they smirked and laughed at me. "You want food, make it yourself." My dad sneered as I stared at them in shock. Fine by me, Amy's mum taught us both how to cool. I huffed and pulled out some dishes, ready to get cooking and in just under an hour, I made a delicious spaghetti bolognese.

My siblings looked at my heavenly plate with jealousy before looking back at their plates of old mac and cheese. "Oy, give us some." Daniel said, angrily. I stared at him and in the space of 5 minutes, I shovelled the whole plate of food into my mouth. "Sorry, it's finished." I mumbled, my mouth still full of food as everyone glared at me.

"You're gonna regret that." Daniel replied, scowling as he raised his hand, as if to hit me, before we all gasped. Why'd everybody wake up today and choose violence?

"Were... were you just about to hit me? Your own sister?" I asked, stunned. All because I didn't share my food with them. He looked down in shock as guilt flashed through his eyes but just as quickly as it came, it disappeared. He just huffed and stormed out of the room, the other two guys, trailing after him like lost puppies.

I blinked back tears and washed my plate, trying to stay strong. James will come back soon for me, I know he'd never leave me, but sometimes it's just hard having to face the world on your own.

》》》

After that day, they all tried to force me to make breakfast and dinner for them, like a maid, but I always left really early for the studio and didn't come back until very late, so they gave up on that. Except on the weekends, then I had no choice but to make food for all these helpless guys.

Today, there was no rehearsal so I was stuck at home with my so called family. I would've lied to my dad but Angela already informed all parents about it and now my dad won't let me leave the house.

It's so boring just sitting around, watching the rest of them acting like the family I've always wanted as I sat there, discarded to the side, forgotten.

"Get up and clean the house." A voice said, pulling me out of my thoughts. Ethan. "I've got homework to do." I said, getting up to make a dash for the door, but he was one step ahead of me.

Grabbing onto my hair, he dragged me to the kitchen as I winced in pain. Since when did this start to get physical? He shoved me towards the sink and glared at me, as if challenging me to talk back.

In the interest of not wanting to start a fight, I just sighed and started washing the dishes. The boys made me do all the jobs around the house and when I was finally finished, I almost collapsed onto my bed.

I glanced at the framed photo of my mother and began to cry quietly. If she was here, none of this would've happened. I'd have a loving family and people would actually want me around.

I wonder what it would be like to have supportive parents and siblings who cared. I wonder if I'll end up alone forever. I wonder how long it'll take until they finally get rid of me.

I wonder how long it'll take before I get rid of myself.

Shaking my head from these thoughts, I scrolled blindly through Instagram, quickly liking a picture of James, Riley and the band. Gosh, I wish I could've gone with them on their tour, it would've been better than living in this hellhole.

Sighing heavily, I charged my phone and closed my eyes tightly, practically forcing myself to sleep.

"I wonder what it would be like to sleep forever", is the last poisonous thought to swim through my mind before I finally drifted off.

》》》

Thanks for reading, people! Let me know what you think in the comments. See you in the next chapter, byee!