Chapter 23: Run away

Nobody's POV:

Piper and James were in the spare bedroom trying to think logically when Ethan and Daniel walked in.

"Um please tell me that what we just heard was a joke." Ethan pleaded as James shook his head. "Nope, that's the truth of what really happened to mum." He responded as the 4 of them sat in silence for a while.

"We're really sorry, Piper. After all this time and it turns out that you weren't even involved." Daniel mumbled as Piper gave him a small smile in return.

"Well what should we do now? I think we should just go straight to the police." Piper suggested as James agreed with her; they had no idea that their dad was listening to their every word.

After hearing the word 'police', their dad ran back down the stairs and whipped out his phone. "Hello Angela?" He said once she answered the phone. "What?" She replied, irritated that he was still calling her.

"They all found out! They found out and now they're gonna go to the police and get us arrested." He hissed down the phone as Angela let out a laugh.

"Well it was nice knowing you and just so you know, I'm not going to bail you out again." She responded, laughing at the end as he groaned.

"No you don't get it; they know that you're involved. If I go down, you're going down with me." He explained harshly. "Why would you mention me?! This was your problem!" She shouted, shooing away her confused daughter.

"What do we do?! I cannot go to jail." Their dad asked helplessly. "I don't know, can't you think for yourself? Just slash their tires or something, so that they can't go out." Angela quickly replied, as their dad instantly agreed, seeming to just follow anything that Angela said.

He did as she said on what he thought was James' car and sat back down gingerly, wondering how he could get himself out of the mess he and Angela created.

Back in the spare bedroom, the four of them were still talking. "Okay so basically, we stay behind and keep dad here whilst you guys go to the station and reopen mum's case." Ethan confirmed as everyone around him nodded.

"Wait, why can't we just call the police from here?" Daniel asked as James sighed. "Because it's been 16 years and her case was ruled as an accident during childbirth, so we have to go there to reopen the case again." He explained as he nodded.

"Come on, let's not waste any more time, we can go out of the back door." Piper said, standing up and walking down the stairs, trying to avoid being seen by her dad as they all followed suit.

When Piper and James got outside, Ethan called. "Um are you guys outside yet?" He asked as James said yeah. "Dad just bragged about slashing your tires, so you're gonna have to come back and get someone else's car keys." He explained quietly; they had to be quick, they couldn't keep their dad inside forever.

"Oh don't worry, my car's fine, he slashed Daniel's tires. He's so stupid." James replied, laughing as he checked over his car.

Truth be told, their dad knew what he doing; it was all apart of some elaborate plan to run away. Since Piper and James were out of the house, their dad just needed to wait for Daniel to start fussing over his car before he could make a run for it.

"You did what to my car?!" Daniel screeched, running outside to examine his car, as Ethan watched on, shaking his head at his brother; that was a mistake.

Using that as an advantage, their dad snuck out of the house, and began to run. "Angela, I just left. I ran away." He said, down the phone after a good 10 minutes.

"What?! Well, you are coming to get me, aren't you? You know you can't leave me here, they might arrest me for YOUR crime." She responded angrily, but he just smirked coldly.

Keeping in touch with Angela after the incident was all apart of his plan; if they were ever to be found out, he had planned to flee and to pin the blame on her.

"You see, I need someone to take the fall and it has to be you, so I'm afraid not. But don't worry, I'm sure you'll do great in jail." He said, hanging up and leaving Angela to scream furiously down the phone.

Meanwhile:

"My brother just called and said that he ran away! You've got to go stop him, so can you speed this up?!" James shouted at the officer as Piper nudged him; he had to stay calm.

"We're not done with the review yet but I'll send a squad car out to get him and his partner in crime. But this better not be a hoax." The officer warned as he sent out multiple squad cars out with a single picture of their dad.

》》》

"Have they said anything yet?" Piper asked James as he shook his head, looking sympathetically at the fragile girl, crying in Piper's lap.

The police had just arrested Angela, taking her away as she screamed and yelled out, angry that she had been arrested first.

Not once did she look back at her confused, terrified and broken daughter.

Lily was left there with a policewoman who explained things to her. Afterwards, she went over to Piper's place which was how she ended up in their sitting room, crying on her friend's lap.

"How have they not caught him yet? It's not like he's intelligent enough to outsmart the police." Ethan said, as they hummed in agreement, silence taking over all of them.

So much had happened over these past few days, so much had been revealed; Piper nor Lily barely even remembered TNS or Regionals, they were too caught up in their own personal problems.

A little while later, after hearing no news from the police about their dad, they went out to clear their minds.

It seemed like years ago when James was on his tour and Piper was at home being insulted and ignored by everyone in her household.

It seemed like years ago when Lily was still her bossy and rude self as she attempted to take over the studio with her mother.

》》》

It was now the weekend, Lily had been welcomed to stay with them as long as she wanted which she agreed to happily.

It had been two days and they still had heard no word from the police; it was starting to worry them.

They were sat comfortably in the living room, barely even paying attention to the television as James' phone rang.

He scrambled to answer it and as soon as he did, he put it on loud speaker.

"Hello James, we are pleased to let you know that your father has finally been caught."

》》》

Hey guys, thanks for reading! Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and please comment what you guys thought- I love reading people's comments.

Only one more chapter to go, so I'll see you guys in the last chapter!