The Beginning Dreams (Part 1)

Every night, for the past 3 nights, all I could do was dream about him. The one who would never touch me without spraying me with handsanitizer three times. The one who would not even talk to me without knowing when the last time I showered was. Why do I dream about him? Sakusa Kiyoomi, do you dream of me too?
-
-
-
-
-
-

When Osamu and I were young, our Mother would always tell us, "One day when you get older, you will meet someone and they will be the one."

"How will we know when that is Mom?" Osamu and I would ask, not understanding the concept of love right away as we were only 7 years old.

"Well..." she began, "The person you love will be in your dreams, and if they dream about you too, for 7 nights, then it is meant to be."

These words never really meant much to me until I began to dream about him. It has been 3 nights of me dreaming about that obsessive germaphobe I call Omi-Omi. We met this year, our second year of high school, during the Volleyball All Japan Youth Training Camp. He did not talk to anyone and was particularly reserved. Always wearing a mask and gloves unless he was standing behind the net ready to spike the serves I sent his way. I still hadn't greeted him yet but when I did the interaction was not the most, typical, I should say.

"HEYAH! I have been serving to you and I have no idea if you know my name, but I know I do not know yours. I'm Miya Atsumu." As I greeted him, he looked at me with furrowed brows and a slightly irritated expression as my hand was hovering in front of him waiting for his own hand to greet back. Instead he grabbed a hand sanitizer bottle from his pocket, notioned me to cup my hands, sprayed three times, and only after scrubbing did he greet me back.

"Sakusa... Sakusa Kiyoomi. Sorry, I don't like contamination or germs... I guess you can say I am a germaphobe, but I don't like that term. It is not specific to you, I do this with everyone I hope you don't mind." He stated in a monotone voice, however, his greeting still came off as sincere.

"Nah nah it's all good... a little unexpected, but I will keep that in mind... Sakusa huh? That sounds a bit bland, I like Kiyoomi better but I could understand if you don't let me call you that since we just met so how about Omi-Omi instead?"

"No" he exclaimed almost instantly, glaring at me like I had insulted him.

"Aww but Omi-Omi it sounds so cute it suits you." Saying this only made him glare at me more intensely as if I was a walking germ just growing more and more in front of him.

"Fine, but don't think that this means we're close. I just know you'd be persistent if I refused again."

"THANK YOU OMI!" I had jumped after him for a hug forgetting about his germaphobia and instantly received a spraying frenzy.

It has been about 2 months since then, our team, Inarizaki High, lost to Karasuno during the Spring Interhigh. I haven't seen Omi-Omi since then but for some reason this past week I have been having dreams of him. At first they started off as just dreams about volleyball, like replays of the Spring Interhigh and when we lost. Yet, in the dream, Omi was watching and crying. I did not know why he was crying but when I woke up it was like whatever he felt in the dream transferred to my feelings as I woke up. This was only the first night.

The second night was even more confusing. In the second dream, I was standing in the middle of our school's gym, and the gym was filled with people almost like they were watching a game, but I was the only one on the court. No net, no volleyball, just me, until Omi started walking towards the middle of the court. Oddly, he had no mask, no gloves, and he looked almost beautiful? He had begun to embrace me until everything began to disappear and fade. By then I was awake and confused, almost shaken. Did I really just dream of Omi-Omi again? More importantly, did I see him as beautiful? No no no, that can't be I had only interacted with him at All Japan and just barely managed to talk to him when we did interact. Maybe I just missed him for whatever reason. These were the thoughts that invaded my mind for the entire day after that.