I Can't Hide (Part 7)

SAKUSA POV

After Atsumu and I split our ways to go on separate shopping trips, I was able to let my nerves go. I wasn't as carefree as the first time I saw him this week, it was hard to hide the effect my dreams had on me. From my dream I can recall the shopping center had a familiar vibe to this one, I should be able to find what I need. I pulled out a paper list I had and read it out in my head, fox figurine, fatty tuna recipe book, hand lotion, ring. It was odd to me how particular some of this stuff was. I only knew that fatty tuna was his favorite food but to buy him a recipe book of ways to use fatty tuna in meals was a lot. Despite this I went searching and found the first shop of interest, a figurine shop. As I walked in a bell rang and it was completely empty until an older lady walked through a set of curtains next to the door.

    "Good afternoon young man, oh how handsome you young ones are getting. If you need anything I will be here, these are all my handmade figurines." At first, hearing these were handmade triggered my germaphobia making me hesitant to touch anything and then the same lady said something to catch my interest. "I could tell you are concerned with how clean these are, your hands tell me everything. Oh how calloused and rough they are from how much you clean."

    "How can you tell I clean just from my hands being rough?" The old lady had her eyes half shut and a permanent smile on her face, she seemed so innocent yet could tell such particular things at her age.

    "Well I was the same way of course!" she now began speaking with more energy. "I had been how you were for years until I had these dreams, these dreams brought me to my soulmate and they cured me." Hearing her mention the dreams was both something that relieved me and made me nervous, was she also aware of my situation?

    "How did your soulmate cure you? If you do not mind me asking of course." I was now facing her and sitting in a small stool by the counter where she was standing.

    "Simple, they let me in and accepted me. I had never been accepted until I met her. She brought down all these walls I had when I was younger while still being careful to not overly intrude me. I can tell that is what you need and most likely why you are here too. If so I made a special figurine for someone like you."

She made something for me? She definitely predicted me coming here, I thought to myself as she ran at the fastest pace an old lady could behind the curtain, soon coming back with a small but intricate fox figurine. Just like the one in my dream. At this point I knew for sure either she predicted me coming or my dreams have been telling me what to do this whole time.

"This figurine I made years ago, my final dream told me that when I know I am in love, and only then, to make this figurine for someone who will come to me many many years later, following the same path I used to. Something is telling me that it is you so I am giving you this figurine," she said before bowing and handing me the figurine. Her hands were wrinkled yet gentle, you could tell she has been making figurines for awhile. "It is free too, this is something I made without the intention of selling so please do not hassle to pay me." Before I knew it I was now bowing and thanking the old lady.

"May I ask, what is your name Miss?" I don't know what came over me but I was compelled to know who this lady was that waited for me.

"Yuki, Yuki Yoru. You do not need to tell me yours but please come visit again once you do what you need to with your dreams." Not realizing what she just referred to I bowed again and walked out on my search for the next three items. I was much more at ease knowing someone else went through what I did both with a phobia and with the dreams. I guess soon I will overcome this once I am with him.

After about thirty minutes I had visited a shop that had both the fatty tuna recipe book and hand lotion, hopefully the scent of masala chai as a lotion isn't bad for him. Now I was onto the last item before I had to meet up with Atsumu again. A ring. Just the thought of buying Atsumu a ring seems scary to me. It is definitely too soon to propose when we aren't even together and I am only about to begin my first full day with him. Regardless I had entered a shop that had a few other younger people, mostly those looking for engagement rings. I wasn't sure if I would find any particular ring I thought would work but anything that isn't a wedding ring is good for me. Maybe a promise ring would work, but even then that could seem a bit much if I give it to him too early. While I was searching however, I saw a familiar face that had caught me off guard.

"Oy Sakusa," Kageyama had spotted me, now walking over with intention. For some reason, I began to tremble, worried of what he'd ask me. "I was wondering, are you here because you too have been having dreams?" At the question I froze, I merely looked at him and gave him a short answer.

"I- I don't know if I can answer," I quickly walked away to the other side of the store while Kageyama stared at me blankly. Why is it I could talk to that old lady about the subject but not someone younger than me? My head was spinning and I had to recompose myself and leave the shop. Being in there was too much for me, especially after seeing Kageyama. I couldn't go shopping there. I had to go somewhere else, maybe I know where.

I had about ten minutes left before I had to meet Atsumu and truly begin our time together so I ran back to the shop with the old lady. Nobody was in the shop still and she came back through the curtains to see me.

"Oh I didn't expect to see the young one again, is something of concern to you-"

"I need you to make me a ring! I mean... something sentimental for him." For the first time, the old lady's eyes widened revealing an emerald color that faded but still shone like it had some youth to them.

"Well well so you really are in my old situation, once again you mustn't pay me, yet I will need about a day or two. If you truly are how I used to be then I know just what you need." Before I could respond and thank her she quickly pulled out a plume and dipped it in ink to write a number on a paper, possibly a phone number. "I know plumes are old fashioned but I love the aesthetic, my love gave it to me. This is the phone number to my shop. I live here on the upper floor and normally never leave so call in about two days and I will answer for you."

"Thank you very much for your consideration!" I had bowed before her and completely relaxed after the incident with Kageyama.

"No worries young one, I understand you are in dire need and I simply want to be here for you, now go on and find him. Don't hide and bond with him so you know how you feel for sure.

After a minute I had bowed to her and left the shop now heading for where Atsumu and I were supposed to meet. I was excited for what was to come. To get to know Atsumu more and see if he is my true soulmate, and if he is, what we could be like together. The feeling of having someone not push me away seems so exciting for once.  I wasn't my normal self and it felt good.

I am ready to no longer hide. It begins with you, Atsumu

END OF PART 7