♡ Jibeom ♡ Happier

I just smiled bitterly to myself and shook my head when I saw Sera out with her new boyfriend...I guess? It's only been a month since we broke up, or maybe less than that but she now looks way better... way happier.

I couldn't help but watch them looking all good, but the more I watch, the more I get hurt so I took a step back and turned around.

Seeing someone you love happy with someone else is hell, especially if you really love them with all of your heart.

Just as I was about to walk away, I heard a voice that called me which made me stop in my tracks.

"Jibeom!" I remember that voice so much. I haven't heard her call my name in like forever so it feels good, but painful as well.

I turned back to their direction and saw the both of them, with Sera looking at me proudly. As if she's showing off that she's perfectly fine.

"Oh, Sera!" I walked into their direction and forcibly curled up my lips to form a smile. And just like that, I saw how her eyes gleamed with confidence. Does she pity me? Does she think I'm still hurting? That I would get jealous?

If that's what she was thinking, then she's damn right.

"How's life going for you?" She asked me brightly. As if we were just friends who haven't met in a long time.

"Fine. Just doing the usual things." I laughed and hopefully, it didn't sound too awkward. "How about you? I see that you're with your... boyfriend."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. As much as I hate to say that, I don't want to be rude by not acknowledging the presence of this guy.

"Ah, yeah. He's my boyfriend, Jaehyun." She said with a proud smile and clinged on his arm. I nodded and offered my hand to him.

"Jaehyun, nice to meet you. I'm Jibeom, Sera's..." I took a look at Sera before I continued "...old friend."

"Nice to meet you bro." He accepted my hand and I felt a light thumping on my head, like someone's hammering it but I tried my best to look okay. I just know that I have to get out of this situation quickly before they notice something wrong.

"Well, I should get going now. I don't want to disturb your date."

I patted Jaehyun's shoulder and smiled before I turned to walk away, while rubbing the side of my head gently.

Damn this headache.

_

"I love you!"

It was the first thing I heard when I woke up in the morning which put a smile on my face automatically. I rubbed my eyes and saw Sera beside me, wide awake, with a smile that shines brighter than the morning sun.

"I know." I laughed at my response to tease her. And just like what I expected, a frown appeared on her face along with a cute pout on her lips. She's too adorable. It should be illegal to be this pretty early in the morning.

"Aww, where's my I love you too?"

"Sera...do I need to say it? You know that I really love you though." I felt my face heating up. I tried to look at the other side, hoping that she won't notice it. But I guess I failed since she laughed loudly and then cupped my cheeks to make me look at her.

"You're so cute."

"Hmm. I know." I smirked and looked at the time. It's 9:30, Sera must be hungry. "Okay now, good morning babe. Should I get up and make breakfast?" I offered but she shook her head in disagreement.