♡ Joochan ♡ The 1

'You are cordially invited to the wedding of Hong Joochan and Kim Wonhee'

I read the words printed on the small envelope that was given by the man in front of me. It has been years, 6 years. Joochan has changed a lot. He looks more mature compared to when we last saw each other years ago. I was surprised when he called me out for some talking and catching up the moment I came back after a long time, only to open up an old wound with this piece of paper that I received.

"Can you make it to our wedding, Jia?" I was hesitant. I really don't know if I should go but he looks so happy announcing his wedding. And I couldn't reject his request for another time.

"Sure... I can."

"Then we'll be expecting you to come!" He said as he stood up. "See you."

"Yeah. See you and congratulations, Joochan." I faked a smile before he left me alone in the cafe.

I put the invitation on my bag. So he's getting married now. Well, good for him...I guess? Suddenly, all of the memories came back. I saw Joochan eating his favorite cake in front of me and telling me how his day went. While I was just listening to him and laughing at the jokes he put in between his stories. It was a bright sunny day in this cafe, our favorite cafe. But the moment I blinked, I saw the seat in front of me empty. No Joochan, and definitely not that much of a bright day for me.

I just shook my head and smiled to myself in disbelief for what I remembered as I fixed my things to get out of this place. The place that has once become my favorite spot, became something that would only hold our past. When I came home, I didn't even bother to change my clothes and just slept not knowing what to feel. 

_

I woke up with an empty heart. Remembering what happened yesterday; I took my bag and rummaged through it only to find the invitation. So it's real. He really found someone new, someone who can give him the love he deserves. Who am I to complain anyway when it was me who left and rejected him? The feeling of guilt and regret for what I did before washed over me.

To be honest, I kind of expected this anyway. After all those years that I was gone, I am sure that he is able to love someone else already. I just thought that I'll be happy for him wholeheartedly but I guess not as there is still a part of me that could not help but think that what we had before was really precious. So the moment I received the invitation, I felt regretful of what we had before, I felt like it was a shame that we ended. But I'm not hurt. I am sure that I don't feel any pain but for me, the wedding is just not that good of a news.

I prepared myself to go out and buy a gift for their wedding. I am here standing at the bus stop, waiting for the next bus to arrive. I was wondering what I should get them. Should I go for appliances for their new home? Or something unique and memorable? I don't know. It's hard to think of something when I don't even know who the woman is.

I was deep in my thoughts when I saw Joochan at the other side of the road, also waiting for the bus. Should I greet him good morning and have a small talk? He looks so lonely there so I guess it wouldn't hurt to say hi. But then, a girl came and sat beside him that made Joochan's face lit up. They talked for a while before the girl leaned on his shoulder as they shared an earphone to listen to their favorite music.

It took me a while to realize, that girl was me. That was us. Joochan used to wait for me on the bus stop on our way to university. And it made me happy for a while as those memories from a long time ago played right in front of my eyes right now. I was caught up in that scene when the bus that I've been waiting for stopped right in front of me.