♡ Jangjun ♡ Mirror

tw // self-harm, suicide

"Chae! Let me walk you home!" I was already walking to the direction of my house from a short get together with my friends when I heard Jangjun shouting from the back. I stopped and turned to look at him and saw him running, trying to catch up to me.

"But your house is on the opposite direction..." I told him. He was catching his breath but he still managed to smile.

"It's fine! It's late already. I have to keep my Chaeri safe."

'My Chaeri.'

I felt the heat crawled up on my cheeks at what he said. I rolled my eyes and walked away, trying to play it cool. I hope he didn't see me blushing because it's freaking embarassing. But Jangjun, who was now walking beside me kept on checking my face.

"Hey! Did you blush?!" He asked and it made me shy even more since he noticed it.

"No."

"I saw you! Aigoo, if you like me, it's fine! It's understandable" He then laughed, brushed his hair up, and tried to made a charismatic face while I shook my head and sighed. This man is so full of himself, oh God help him.

"Dream on Jangjun. I'll never like you." I rolled my eyes playfully and sped up, not minding whatever he says next.

"Stop lying to yourself Chae!"

He did not lie though.
_

The whole walk to my home was unusually quiet, but not really that awkward and not that comfortable. Or maybe, it's just me. I don't know.

Jangjun actually told me before that he likes me, and I rejected him. It's not that our feelings aren't mutual. It's just that I can't tell him my feelings because of my studies. I also know that my parents wouldn't approve and I don't want to lead him on or make him wait. And that's it, we remained as friends. Yeah... friends I guess.

"I'm now home. You can now leave." I turned towards him and smiled when we reached our gate.

"Won't you invite me in to get some water?"

"No. Go home Jangjun." I lightly pushed him while he just scrunched his nose.

"Ughh, you're so ungrateful. I hope your dog doesn't love you."

What is he even saying? We don't even have a dog?! He's crazy I'm telling you.

But what he said next made me feel crazier.

"Bye Chae, take care! Love you!" He shouted as he was leaving and my eyes widened in shock. How could he do that right in front of my house? My parents are inside for God's sake!

It took me a while before I recovered, then I turned around and took a deep breath, with my lips curling up to form a smile. My heart fluttered remembering what he said. And in that moment, I genuinely forgot what could be waiting for me inside our house.

I don't have a choice but to go inside now so I walked towards our door and opened it, revealing my mother who was casually sitting on the couch. She was watching the television with a wine glass in her hand. And as soon as she saw me, she turned off the TV and put the glass on the center table.

"Where have you been?" Her voice was monotonous and her eyes were piercing through my soul, terrifying me.

"I just went out for a bit with my friends, mom." I nervously replied and was praying in my head that she wouldn't get angry and she didn't hear what Jangjun said outside because it would be a huge chaos if ever.