♡ Donghyun ♡ Why (2)

TW // blood, gun, violence

___

Seoljin entered her friend's restaurant and she was greeted by the delicious smell of food. She waited at the entrance before a familiar person approached her.

"Table for one, ma'am?"

"Table for two." She replied with a smile

"Oh, do you have someone with you?"

"I'm just waiting for a friend to finish his job here." She said and Donghyun chuckled, he knows she's referring to him.

"I see."

He led her to a clean table after. Donghyun accepted Seoljin's offer to work, and he's been here for about 3 to 4 months already. He left his old job, wanting to start anew after realization hit him that he couldn't just steal money forever.

He had to make money the right way. 

"You already know my order Donghyun."

"Hmm. One order of pesto and choco mousse?" She smiled with how Donghyun remembers her usual order.

"Yup!"

"Okay. I hope you don't mind waiting." He said and Seoljin frowned.

"Why? Will it take too long to be prepared?" She was wondering if it will take some time for her pasta to get cooked which is a new thing since this restaurant is known for their fast service.

"I mean, I hope you don't mind waiting for me." Donghyun laughed and looked at his watch. "I still have 45 minutes before my shift ends."

"It's just a short amount of time. Now go and do well before your boss scolds you!" Seoljin pushed him away playfully until he leaves to the counter. And not another minute had passed when her noisy friend, who is also the owner of the place, came to greet her from the kitchen.

"Seol!!! Long time no see!" He shouted which made other customers look at him, while she just rolled her eyes and face palmed herself out of embarrassment.

"We just met each other last week Jangjun."

"That was like ages ago!" Jangjun said and sat casually in front of her and leaned in, trying to whisper something while wiggling his brows.

"Have you met your boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?" She was confused, she doesn't remember having a boyfriend right now.

"I mean Donghyun."

"He was the one who assisted me but he's not my boyfriend."

"He might be not, but I know you like him~"

"What the hell are you saying? I don't!" Seoljin rolled her eyes, trying to look mad.

"Why are you so defensive?! Plus, you've been coming a lot since he started working here! I feel so betrayed. You used to come here to see me, but now it's because of Donghyun." Jangjun held his chest and acted like he's in pain which made her laugh. He's overreacting again, and his facial expression made him look funnier.

"Come on, I was just watching him if he's doing well." A part of it is kind of true though. After all, Donghyun is her responsibility since she referred him to Jangjun, the reason why he got hired easily without needing to pass any requirements. But as much as Seoljin tried to mask or deny it, deep in her heart, she knew she really wanted to see him for another reason. For having him on her sight is already her source of happiness. It's like he's now the center of her world.