Chapter 12

She had been dreading the next week ever since Draco told her what it most likely would be about. Neither had she really heard much of him since then as well. Hermione knew he wasn't avoiding her – it just felt different this time. Like he was busy with something else, his mind too occupied to handle her thoughts as well.

Part of her wished for him to talk to her. To take her mind off the worst case scenarios her mind presented her with. But on the other hand she appreciated the silence that allowed her to carefully think everything through.

But as the doorbell rang – a little too loud and too long for a normal Muggle visitor – she nervously approached the door and strained a smile as she saw Arthur Weasley and Ron at the door. Mr Weasley greeted her and her parents with a big smile, although the deep lines that were settled on his forehead showed that he wasn't really as cheerful as he made himself out to be.

"Sorry for not replying to your letter, 'Mione. But Pig was exhausted after flying for so long in the heat." Ron apologized as they both followed their parents into her living room. Hermione smiled at him, shaking her head lightly. "That's fine, is he all right now?"

Ron nodded, taking a seat on the couch along with Hermione. "Yes, and so is Bill, by the way. He's healing really well, although the scratches are leaving some terrible scars." Hermione nodded in understanding, focusing her eyes on Mr Weasley as he squeezed himself into the armchair. "That's good to hear."

"We'll leave you lot to talk." Her mother said, a warm smile on her face as she left the living room, going outside to sit in the sun with her father in tow.

The moment they left Mr Weasley's smile fell, and he clasped his hands together as he leaned forward slightly. "I'm sorry to interrupt your holidays so soon after what happened, Hermione. But things are getting worse by the second in the Wizarding world."

Hermione briefly smiled at him. "Not at all, Mr Weasley. What's going on? I haven't been following the Daily Prophet for a while." She admitted, leaning a bit forward as well as Mr Weasley talked even softer, throwing an occasional glance out the window to see if her parents were paying attention.

Apparently Ron had filled his father in on the fact how little she told her parents about the events in the Wizarding world, and she was glad that he had done so. After six years of keeping the worst things from her parents, she didn't want it to be now all revealed.

"Wouldn't have given you much information even if you had." Mr Weasley said grimly, a sigh escaping his lips. "You-Know-Who has taken over the Ministry, as well as the newspapers and half the Wizarding world." Mr. Weasley's frown deepened, and rightfully so.

Hermione knew things would be bad, but she hadn't expected it to be this bad so fast already. You know, you could have just asked me and I'd have told you. A nerve got hit right there, and it took her all her strength to not let her facial expression act out on the emotions she now felt.

Well, why did you not just tell me? She knew her voice sounded threateningly angry, but at the moment she really couldn't care. How did he not find it important enough to tell her? Because you hadn't asked about it.

The casual tone in his voice frustrated her even more. And you didn't think it'd be important to share?

Not really. Huffing under her breath in anger, she focused her attention back on Mr. Weasley as he continued. "As you know, Harry will turn seventeen soon, and his charm will wear off." Hermione nodded, letting him know that she was aware of that.

"Which is why the Order has come up with a plan. And a plan B." He added the last one in a hurry, and Hermione nodded in approval. "I think it's needless to ask, but I want to make sure, anyway. Do you want to help, Hermione?"