Chapter 7

Chapter 7

"Jack Davidson, after careful testing we have determined you have the power to create ice using hydration in the air." A mousy scientist with flat brown hair explained. Jack sat in an office with yellow walls after the training of the day that resulted in Jack accidentally freezing Theo to the ground.

"Is Theo okay?" Jack asked, he had been taken directly to the science department after the incident and he didn't hear about Theo during the 4 hours it took to run stupid tests on him?

"Yes. He has a few bumps and bruises from falling out of a tree, and he was obviously very cold but after he was broken free he was sent back to his room to have a warm bath and relax, as was the rest of your team." The doctor told him. "Dinner will be soon, so you may join them there. Thank you for your time Jack."

~

So Jack went back to the dining hall, ate with his friends and enjoyed their free time. None of them treated him any differently, not even Theo.

"So Jack, before the game started today, you asked me something and I don't think I heard you." Lance asked.

"Oh, I asked what your special skill was." Jack replied, sipping from his ginger ale.

"Well it's mostly just my fighting skills but I have abnormal endurance as well." He explained. Jack thought about what April had told him about Lance's parents leaving him here. Fighting and endurance didn't seem like a good enough reason to be afraid enough to abandon your kid. Then again, there weren't a lot of reasons to be afraid enough to abandon your child.

~

So the days went on. Jack grew as part of the Namour family and they accepted him warmly. The scientists worked tirelessly on the memory restoring formula and the teenagers worked tirelessly on their training. Madame Ramsay took over supervision of all the training after Coach Gym Class had been fired.
Jack became used to the screaming intercom and the early runs. He grew to like his life at Namour, he hardly thought about his old life, the one he strived to remember. Now, it was just a bonus that one day he could know his past. His new friends brought him up to date on pop culture and good music. He loved all of them, especially Amber. She was incredible. But in his heart he knew that there was no way anything would ever happen between them, first of all, she was Peter's daughter and Peter was scary. Second of all, Angel.

Thinking of Angel made his stomach twist. He had no idea how she was, if she was okay, if she was even still alive. Whenever the thought crossed his mind he pushed it out as fast as he could.

~

It was the monthly dinner party, and officially Jack's one month anniversary of being at Namour.

"Are you going tonight?" April asked Jack as he got out of the shower, she was sitting on his bed reading a comic book. She had not been there before he had gotten into the shower. Luckily, Jack had put on a pair of pajama pants before leaving the bathroom which was attached to his room.

"Hi. How did you get into my room? I thought the door was locked." He insisted. She just shrugged her shoulders and flipped the page in her comic.

"You didn't answer me." She pressed, looking up at him.

"I don't know. None of you guys usually go to these things, right?" Jack insisted, digging through his drawers for a tee shirt.

"Except Amber. She claims it's because of her dad, but none of us really know." April replied.
Just then, there was a knock on the door. With a grey tee shirt in Jack's fist, he swung open the door.

"Jack!" Amber exclaimed in greeting. She saw April on the bed,

"Oh, I'm sorry. Am I interrupting something?" She asked sounding alarmed.