Chapter 35

"Oh, Akia. What are you doing on the 9th floor?" Yunho asked looking at me.

I couldn't answer him. If I did, he would know that I was sick. "Can I not talk and still be able to get away with it?"

I slightly tilted my head to the side, hoping that he would notice I was trying to say I was confused.

He looked on the side of the elevator and said, "Oh, I accidentally pressed 10 instead of 9." He laughed so I smiled the best I could and hoped that he would leave.

He looked at me a bit closer and I could tell he was studying me. I just stood there and waited for him to say something.

"It looks like you're going somewhere," he finally spoke.

I shook my head in response.

"At night?" he asked.

I shook my head again.

He was quiet and continued to study me. I wanted to tell him to stop, but then I would just be giving myself away easily.

"It's not cold outside and yet your jacket looks kinda heavy," he said with his eyes glaring at me.

"No, don't find me out!! I have to see Ryeowook!"

"Are you just naturally cold?" he asked.

I was relieved. I shook my head yes as he continued to ask, "Are going to come into the elevator or not?"

I hesitated a little but went ahead and stepped in. He only lived one floor down, I could make it. "Uh oh, I do not have to cough. I DO NOT HAVE TO COUGH." Too late, I started coughing up a storm.

"Yah, are you okay?" Yunho asked.

I looked at him and continued to cough. I felt so bad. "I've finally been caught...."

"You're sick...aren't you? That's why you aren't talking and wearing a heavy jacket!" he told me.

I shook my head after I calmed down from coughing. I got out my notepad and wrote, "I have a small cold and I can't talk. Nobody will let me."

"You can't sound that bad if you just have a small cold."

"Trust me, it's bad." I wrote.

"And you're going out somewhere? You must not want to get better."

I pouted and continued to write, "I do want to get better! I just have something I need to do...."

"What's more important than getting better?" he asked me.

I was quiet and didn't write anything down. He looked at me and was studying my face again. "Oh, I see."

"See what?" I asked.

"You're sneaking out," he said, "To see you're boyfriend."

"Crap....he found that out too...."

"No," I wrote, "What makes you think that?"

"Well, since you're a rookie, your schedule is probably full. You haven't talked to him in a while and want to see him no matter what. Even if you're sick."

I buried my head a little bit at the fact that he was right. He must've noticed by the way he slightly laughed. The elevator door opened to the 9th floor, but he didn't move.

Confused, I wrote down, "Aren't you going to leave? You have the right floor this time."

He gave me his pretty boy smile and took off his suit jacket. He put it around me and said, "I'm going to take you to see Ryeowook. I can't have you pass out on your way there."