Chapter 42

After the accident, our schedules as a group were postponed for a while. We all continued our individual schedules instead. Yerin finally was in a drama, Hyun Jae was making her way to become an MC, Cho Hee was featured in a few songs, and I continued modeling and acting.

Near the beginning of March, we began our schedules as a group. It was good to see Kay Kay up and well. She still remained our "dancing queen" and it almost seemed as if nothing happened to her. We were all happy to see she was doing better. As a matter of fact, she was doing so good, she had enough energy to talk about her unnies. While we were shooting on a variety show, Kay Kay AND Yerin were telling everyone about only the unnies. Saying our "secrets" or things that are habits for us. Leave it up to the maknaes. You think Yerin would be quiet, but she spilled just about everything. And Kay Kay was gladly there to help her.

Over the summer we had our comeback. Our 1st full album, "Beat". It had about 10 songs, including the ones from our mini album, and a few new songs. It was a big success, but an even bigger success, was our sub group. Mr. Soo Man said a greater chance for us to gain popularity would be to form a sub group. The sub group contained Yerin, Kay Kay, and I. We were called "Neon-K.A.Y." It was funny because the initials of our first names spelled out Kay Kay's name. We were also known as "Sweet Neon" because we were originally just a group who worked at a sweets cafe, and because our songs and themes were just a little bit girlier. We released our mini album called "Bubblegum." I liked the cute theme, but there was SO MUCH PINK. Sungmin probably would've been better off in the group.

Being in a group really made a difference in my life. To think that I was just some girl performing at cafes in America, then moved to Korea and met, or lived with the boys of Super Junior. From there I performed at another cafe, met Yerin and Kay Kay, then got an offer to be in a drama with DBSK. After that Yerin, Kay Kay, and I all got an offer to join S.M. Entertainment as trainees. There we met Hyun Jae and Cho Hee and became Neon. Almost a year later, we released our 1st full album and created a sub group. It really is hard to believe how far I've come in about just a year.

The real people I owe all my thanks to, are the members of Super Junior. They are like my family. No, they are my family. 12 amazing boys that made me who I am today. One day, if I ever get a chance to speak at an award ceremony or something, they will be the first people I thank. I still haven't told people that I'm dating Ryeowook or that I used to live with them, but I got the pictures of us out of my closet and put them on my desk. I'm no longer afraid to show them off. Speaking of Ryeowook, we've been dating for a year. A year and 2 months to be exact. Our one year anniversary was amazing. Ryewook took me to an amusement park and then took me to the beach. It was a great experience and I enjoyed every last moment of it.

.                             .                           .                               .

"Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to Akia, Happy birthday to you!~♪"

"Aigoo unni, your face never seems to age! Your like a vampire," Yerin said laughing.

"It's true, your already 27 and you barely look 20," Hyun Jae said.

"It's no fair! You look so young! When Hyun Jae and I were 27 we didn't look like that!" Cho Hee whined.

"Yah!" Hyun Jae screamed at her.

"Look at us now, we're both 28 and you can tell we're aging," Cho Hee continued to complain.

"No unni. Neither of you are aging. Remember our group's nickname? 'Vampire Neon' because we all look young for our age," I smiled.

Somehow, my birthday had already come around. The year went by really fast, and it was already late August. I couldn't believe I was already 27. "I'm slowly making my way to being 30.....ugh.."