Dream Boy

Caitlins POV
"Can you open up the blinds we need some sunlight in this place." Amanda whines as I sigh and get up off the couch.

"Amanda when do you start work again?" I ask.

"Next week. But what's really so bad about having me around." She smiles innocently.

"Having you around." I send back and we laugh together.

I start to open the blinds when I see a man across the street trip over a crack in the sidewalk. He falls over dropping all of his papers and coffee. Feeling sorry for him I rush out of the door and downstairs to the lobby. I could see the man right outside the door and ran out to help.

"Are you okay?" I ask looking at his shirt. It was covered in coffee and I would imagine it to be very hot.

"I'm okay, thanks." He replies and smiles at me.

His face was handsome and his smile, wow, it was contagious. His eyes were beautiful. I couldn't help but stare.

"You okay ma'am?" He asks softly.

I quickly snap out of my daze.

"Oh yes." I blush as my hand grazed his hand slightly.

We finish picking up his papers and other items.

"Thank you for helping. It means a lot." He says making eye contact with me.

"Anytime." I respond.

"If you don't mind me asking, whats your name?" He asks.

"It's Caitlin. What's yours?" I ask back.

"Barry." He says.

"Well Barry it was nice meeting you. I hope we will cross paths again some day." I say with the full intention of wanting to see him again.

"Before you go, is there anything I can do for you. I mean you did spend a lot of time helping me." He shyly asks.

Knowing this is my chance, I take it.

"Coffee?" I ask. We both laugh seeing as how he is covered in it.

"Of course. I'm guessing you live in these apartments. I'll pick you up tomorrow morning at 9." Barry confidently settles.

"Nice detective skills." I point out.

"Anyways that sounds perfect. See you then." I tell him. I lock eyes with Barry one last time before he runs off. I notice him walking into the CCPD and I smile.

I walk back into my apartment where I am greeting by a confused Amanda.

"What was that all about?" She asks.

"Oh nothing." I say still caught up in my head thinking about Barry.

"You're in love with that dream boy outside." She says.

"A dream boy he is indeed." I respond back knowing I will be teased later. But in that moment all I could think about is what tomorrow could bring.

A/N
First Chapter! Whoot! Whoooot!