Slow Dancing

Caitlins POV
"So. Barry wanna come to the city dance tonight?" I ask him.

"Hey what about me!" Cisco whines.

"You can come to but you have to bring a date. It's a dance Cisco." I tell him and he pouts.

"I'll find one."

"Barry?" I ask again.

"Well since you came to the baseball game with me...... sure." He finishes and I run up and hug him very tight.

"Thanks Barr. It's means a lot. Oh this is gonna be great!" I shout.

"Well we must get ready it's only 5 hours away!"

"5 hours and we're starting now!" Barry complains.

"Basically the whole city will be there so I wanna look good. Let's go to my place. Cisco you better find a date and fast!" I yell making my way out and taking Barry with me.

"Oh I will!" Cisco fires back just before I make it into the elevator.

***

"That's dress looks beautiful Cait." Barry says wrapping his arms around me from behind. He rests his head on my shoulder while I stand in front of the mirror.

"Thanks Barr. I thought it was too bright."

"It's perfect. Just like you." He kisses me cheek.

"What's gotten into you?" I giggle.

"I'm just excited." He reply's.

"To go dancing? You didn't want to earlier." I raise my eyebrow.

"Yeah but I'd rather go than sit in my lab all night."

"Well I'm glad your coming. I wouldn't want to be alone." I kiss him quickly and get back to my makeup.

"You almost done?" He asks while I finish touching up my mascara.

"And.......... done." I sit up and take Barry to the car.

"No,no I'll drive." Barry offers. I nod my head in agreement and we take off.

***

"Wow the decor is amazing." I say looking around at the fancy tables, lights and other pretty flowers.

"Oh look Jitters is hosting the drinks." Barry smiles and goes to grab a cup of coffee.

"Coffee at a party?"

"When it's Jitters. Yes." I laugh as he gulps down his drink.

"What would you like?" He asks me.

"I'll take a lemonade."

"Lemonade at a party?" He smirks copying me.

"When it's Jitters. Yes." I copy him back and he gives me that handsome smile of his.

While Barry brings back my drink I see a familiar  face walking towards us.

"Guess who got a date." Cisco says.

"Hi, I'm Caitlin it's very nice to meet you. What's your name?" I ask the pretty lady who had her arm linked with Cisco's.

"Hi I'm Garcia. It's nice to meet you too." She shakes my hand.

"Garcia this is Barry." Cisco introduces him.

After everyone met each other Cisco and Garcia went off to talk to someone other people.

"I think you know what time it is." I lead on.

"Here we go." He sighs.

"Come on Barry it'll be fun!" I shout grabbing his hand and leading him to the dance floor.

A slow song hits and I wrap my arms around Barrys neck. We sway to the music while I rest my head on his shoulder. I start to tune out all of the chatter of the other couple so I can focus just on Barry. I close my eyes and we continue to sway.

"This night has been amazing Cait." Barry speaks up.

"You're right. I'm really happy to have you Barr." I stare longingly into his eyes.

"You stole the words right out of my mouth." He leans in and kisses me. Sparks fly and I feel like I'm in heaven. We pull apart and look at each other. I simply lay my head back in his shoulder and we keep dancing.

The End