Bottled Water and Loud Singers

Barrys POV
"I see you each morning"

"But you just walk past me you don't even know that I exist"

"Well I think I'm going out of my head, cause I can't explain the tears that I shed over youuuu"

I sing my heart out only for it to be cut short by water filling up in my mouth.

"Alexa! What time is it?" I ask the device that sits in the counter.

"The time is 9:37" she responds.

"Damn. There goes my money." I say to myself realizing that I've been in the shower for way too long and I wasn't looking forward to the water bill.

I quickly rinse off and get back into the room where I put on my pjs.

"And I forgot to buy water." I say laughing at the last bit. It's ironic. I was supposed to buy bottled water today I was just complaining about the water bill.

I sigh and walk up to my door. I take my wallet and phone with me to go downstairs to the lobby. They have all kinds of necessities for the people who live in the apartments.

As I make my way down I am greeted by a familiar face. It was the girl who lived next to me. I've seen her here and there but never really talked.

"You're a really good singer." She says passing me.

"What?" I ask confused.

"You were singing weren't you?" She asks me.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I questions back.

"The walls are thin, I always hear you sing but never got a chance to say something." She smiles at me and I blush with embarrassment.

"Sorry for being so loud." I apologize.

"No worries. But if you were a tone deaf signer I would of probably minded hearing it each day." She says and we laugh together.

"What's your name? You live next to me but we've never talked." I ask as we continue walking down to the lobby.

"It's Caitlin. What's yours?" She asks.

Caitlin what a pretty name.

"Barry." I reply.

"So Barry what are you coming down for?"

"Bottled water. After I just took the longest shower and water bill is going to be high." I admit.

"Eek. I've even heard there raising the prices." She whisper in a sort of laughing way at her last words. I chuckle back as we arrive to the small store.

"And you?" I ask her.

"You won't believe me but.... bottled water." She responds back snd we laughs

"Well then it's my treat. You deserve it after all the times I've sung and it was most definitely obnoxious."

"You don't have to Barry."

"I insist." I convince her and she nods in agreement.

After buying the water we walk back up to our homes.

"Well it was nice to meet you Caitlin. I hope I'll get to talk with you again." I say.

"Nice meeting you too Barry. And just know you can come over any time. I am only about 10 feet away." She giggles.

"Will do." I finally say as we go our own ways.

I get back into my room and sit on my bed. A smile appears on my face as I twist the cap off of my bottle.