The Longest Time

Barrys POV
"Mmm mhm mm mhm mm..."
I could hear Caitlin's sweet humming from the sunroom while I continued to cook dinner. Not that it takes me very long since, you know, super speed.

"Hey hun! Come in her my tears for fears just came on!" She calls me as I hear the piano make its entrance.

I ran up to her and she takes my arm pulling me close. We dance to the music and I hear her kind giggles that soon turn to snorts after I fall down from spinning too much.

"Something happens and I'm head over heels!" She sings, and I can help but stay in that moment forever. I spin her around with my hand and dip her as she continues to smile and laugh. Oh how contagious it was.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Shit!" During our dance party it totally slipped my mind that the chicken was still in the oven. Waving away all of the smoke, I take out the bird and sigh.

"It's okay Barry. I think I know someone with the fastest delivery time so we won't have to waste a moment." She winks at me and I speed out blowing her a kiss.

Caitlin's POV

The look in his eyes after the 2nd death of that chicken broke me into a million pieces. It's been really hard for the past few months after Oliver died and I can't bare to see him suffer. Things have been distant since the incident but I understood he needed time. So the past few weeks he's been doing everything he can to make up the past months. I told him that it was completely unnecessary and that I would never stop loving him.

But, this is Barry we're taking about. So he's doing it anyway. Oh how I love him.

"Voilà" I jump as Barry can sprinting in with a bag of goodies.

"Since it's a holiday most of the fancier places were closed, so I went with the classics." Barry said holding up a Big Belly Burger.

"Mmm my favortie. Thanks a lot Barr. I love you." I say giving him a quick kiss. Now for the burger.

After our delicious meal all I wanted to do was to sit with him all night long. And he has the same thing in mind.

"Choose a record." Barry held up Billy Joel's greatest hits and Elton John's greatest hits.

"Oh Barry how on earth am I supposed to choose!!" I sighed stumped.

"How about both? Let's do Billy first since I've got a song." He smiles and I grab his hand as he places his on my hip.

Once I thought my innocence was gone

Now I know that happiness goes on

That's where you found me

When you put your arms around me

I haven't been there for the longest time

We dance and dance till we've gone through our favorite songs on both records.

I flop on the couch and as does Barry next to me. I trun to look at him and he turns to look at me.

"Thanks for this night Cait." He looks into my eyes.

"Don't thank me. This was all you. I love you so much Barry. You are so strong." I quietly say stroking the hair out of his face.

"I love you too." His eyes start to close and I pull him in close.

And the greatest miracle of all

Is how I need you

And how you needed me too

That hasn't happened for the longest time.

A/N
Uhhhhh hey everyone! It's been I don't know like over a year?! Sorry for the longest update ever but I suddenly got the motivation to right so here we are. Hope y'all enjoyed!