Chapter 4: midterms

Your pov

Midterms were starting and it's the point where I could care less since I'm not required to take them and my aunt makes me stay home. Koro sensei created clones of himself and it was kind of annoying me with the noise. 'Snap. SNAP. Stay calm (Y/n). Just bare with us for a few minutes.' I don't like loud sounds and with all this commotion I couldn't concentrate. Without knowing I covered my ears with my hands. 'Snap. SNAP. SNAP. (Y/#) d•n] li%t£n.((Y/n) don't listen). Why can't I hear him?' She kept repeating snap over and over again. I was about to scream when I was engulfed in a hug. "Eh?" I looked up to see karma hugging me with a concerned look. The whole class stared at me. "We were saying your name for awhile." I looked to see koro sensei and no clones. "I-I'm sorry, there was a lot happening that it hurt my head." I looked down embarrassed. "Go outside and take a breathe Ms. (Y/n)." I nodded shaking to get up. Karma helped me and asked if he could come with. "I'll be fine karma." I gave him a weak smile walking out of class. I sat down on the stairs remembering that stupid memory.

Flashback

Wires were connected to me and a loud ringing was heard. "Just a little more." I screamed in pain and agony. The ringing sound kept getting louder and louder. "Endure it angel. It's only a small sample. The next one will be worst." They way he smiled sent shivers down my body. The ringing sound made my ears bleed and I felt that my eardrums would burst. I realized that the pain throughout my body was from the loud ringing. "Stop it." I jumped when the scientist slammed his fist right next to my face. "You're a lab rat. Deal with it."

End of flashback

I hate loud sounds because of him. Gunshots were the only loud thing I could bare. A handkerchief was placed infront of me. "Bitch sensei?" Irina gave me a small smile. I felt tears on my cheeks. "Loud sounds bug you?" I nodded using the handkerchief to wipe my tears. "Why aren't you inside?" I questioned her. "Why would I be inside if one of my students was out here crying?" She answered staring into my eyes. I sighed. "Should I go back in?" I looked at Irina. "Only if you want to." She looked out in-front of her in silence. My small sniffles were the only thing we heard. "I think I'm ready to go back in." I put on a smile. "You think or you know?" Irina looked at me. "I-I know." I got up followed by Irina. "Don't force yourself." We walked back in and I was about to open the door. "Wait bitch sensei. I forgot to give you this." I handed her the handkerchief. "Keep it (Y/n)." She waved slightly as she walked into the teachers lounge and I went into class. "(Y/n) are you ok?" I heard our class leader say. "I'm fine now thank you though isogai." I smiled at him completely missing the blush that appeared on his cheeks.

Irina pov

I shut the door of the teachers lounge taking a deep breathe. "What happened to her?" Karasuma questioned. "The octopus gave her a scare that's all." I walked back to my seat infront of him. "I tried finding information on her since I also became intrigued. Most of her profile is top secret." I looked at karasuma as he explained to me. "Her parents and siblings are unknown. Her birthday is (your birthday date). And she doesn't live too far from here." Karasuma finished and I was still left confused. "Do you have any idea about her parents?" He shook his head. "Not even her aunt knows where there at." I sighed. 'Worth a shot.'

Back to your pov

School ended and koro sensei was dead tired. He was currently fanning himself as okajima questioned him as to why he's doing this. Koro sensei wanted everyone's score up but everyone had their own ideas.

"We don't need to be straight A students."

"Yeah whoever assassinates him gets ten billon yen."

"And with ten billion, you don't need top grades to live the good life."

"Is that how you see it!?" Koro sensei asked in disbelief. Everyone thought that they didn't need good grades and all they needed was to kill koro sensei to have an easy life. 'Such bullshit. Every assassin needs more then one plan. That's what everyone should know.' It was the first time the voices in my head agreed with each other. Koro sensei didn't look happy at all as we went outside. I was next to karma near the building listening to what koro sensei had to say. He then asked Irina about her plans when assassinating. 'If only it were that easy with plans. You can think that you'll be able to kill this guy in one swing but it ends up being five. Yeah and when it comes to lying to people. Some will take the bait but most won't and you'll have to be prepared to fix it. You two are so talkative today.' Koro sensei started to spin that made a huge gust of wind to our way. Karma held me and we braced ourselves. After that calmed down we were told that koro sensei would leave if we didn't make it to the top fifty for our midterms. 'Can't we sneak into the test? No aunt Sasha has us guarded with a few of her government friends. With that much security even the reaper would have trouble passing through and plus she might have an all day assignment so she doesn't have to worry about me.' When it all ended I was trying to think of a way I could persuade my aunt. 'It's hopeless. I won't be able to go.' I pouted.

Next day

As expected I wasn't allowed to go. I texted karma saying that I had to go to the hospital because of my aunt. Of course with aunt Sasha knowing. "Don't think about going or sneaking out." She then handed me a folder. "You have an all day assignment anyways." With that she left. I grabbed the folder and opened it. "A gang leader, most seen here. Family members... girlfriend. Uhh boring." I finished it with throwing it into the air. I sat for a few minutes deciding to get up and get to work. I put on a my assassin outfit and went to where my target should be. As expected it was easy and boring. I stood over his body licking my knife that had his blood. "Awww you broke to easily." I looked down at him with my foot on his head. I began to laugh psychotically. "I can't wait till I get to kill someone that makes me beg them to just lay down and die as I cry from the frustration to slaughter them." I laughed hard as I felt big sis take over my body. 'This won't end well.'

Next day

I woke up in my bed confused. 'When did I get here?' "You passed out after your 5th gruesome kill." I turned to see my aunt with a angry look. "You need to control yourself." I looked down. "You're lucky that the people you killed were upcoming assignments. Who knows if you killed an innocent person. You would be dead right now." She continued lecturing me. 'Last night was fun. Let's loose control again. No we're already in trouble for killing 5 unneeded people. Who cares they'll get over it.' Me and aunt Sasha can't get along sometimes. I don't blame her though, she didn't want me to live with her. But her being my only relative that was able to take care of me she had too. I was late to class since I was kinda down as I walked through the doors of the building. I can't control the demon in my head that I call big sis. She's too strong and I'm too weak. I opened the door to be met with a depressed aura. I could see the look of disappointment in everyone's face as the looked at their papers. I went to my seat and karma told me that there were questions that we weren't taught. Karma gave me his papers and not to my surprise he had a good score on all of them. "How's your aunt by the way." Karma grabbed the papers that I handed him. "She's fine now. It was weird she just collapsed and right on the day of midterms." I sounded depressed even though it was fake. "At least she's fine now." Koro sensei walked in. He had his back to us staring at the chalkboard. "The responsibility is entirely mine. I seem to have underestimated what this school is capable of. I can't even face you after this." Koro sensei was disappointed in himself and I felt bad. 'This school is smart. I hate it.' I turned to karma and he winked at me holding the anti sensei knife. He threw it making koro sensei dodge it and finally turn around. "You sure? If you can't face us, you can't see us coming to kill you." Karma walked to koro sensei. "Karma! I'm very depressed right now." Karma dropped his papers on the desk to show he passed all of them. Everyone was shocked. "Changing a few questions isn't gonna stop me." Karma said as everyone gathered around him. "My grades were good already but you really went the extra mile. That's why I could handle the questions even after they changed the scope." Karma side hugged me and smiled before speaking. "However.... I'm staying here. Assassination is way more fun than going back to my old class." Karma winked at me. "So what's the plan? You gonna use the others result as an excuse to turn rail and run? Sounds like your just scared we might kill you." As karma finished koro sensei looked angry. The others joined in laughing at him. He turned red. "I'm not running away." His tentacles slithered in the air. "We'll pay them back twofold on the end of terms exam!" We all had a good laugh.

Angel is turning soft for an assassin

You almost shut me out

Be louder then

You know I can't

Not my fault then

She's only a monster because of you

You act like I'm supposed to be sad

She's an assassin

She's a killer

She'll never be normal

No one will like her when they see her true self.