29

"Happy Bi---," Ly's voice suddenly toned down when she saw the living room empty, not what she expects on her girlfriend's birthday, "babe?" she called Den as she open their bedroom and found her girlfriend reading a book. 

Den lifted up her head and looked at Ly, "babe? Ang aga mo?" Den asked and looked at the clock beside her which made her eyes wide, "shit, 8pm na?!" she asked, "I haven't cooked us dinner yet," natatarantang sabi nito. 

"Babe, babe," Ly said as she hold Den, "it's okay, I brought some on the way home pero if you want anything else, we can order," Ly answered. 

Den sighed, "sorry babe, I think may naiwan pa namang pasta kanina, the one Ella brought, masyado akong nawili magbasa, akala ko 6pm pa lang," Den explained.

Ly chuckled, "it's fine babe. No worries," she said as they go to the dining. Pinaupo ni Ly si Den while she's serving the food, when it's all done, she asked Den if she wants anything else. 

"Uhm," Den said, "did you buy ice cream po?" 

"I knew it, of course, nasa freezer," Ly said.

Den smiled, and quickly kissed Ly's cheek, "thank you babe."

"Wala ka nang ibang gusto aside from these?" 

"Wala na, I think this is more than enough pa, thank you for the flowers babe," Den said while looking at the flowers Alyssa gave her.

"Are you sure naalala mong birthday mo today?" Ly asked while laughing.

Den laughed, "of course. With tons of greetings I'm getting sa social media, who wouldn't be reminded."

"Birthdays really do hit different when you're getting older, 'no?"

Den smiled, "yeah, it used to be a big deal before. Ngayon I'm happy na with you by my side and with the ice cream inside the ref."

Ly couldn't stop herself from laughing, "what's your wish now you're 29, my love?"

Den tried to think of anything, "good health for me, sayo, kila mommy and kila inay, and genuine happiness for the people I love and for me as well. Honestly, there's nothing to ask for, I've got everything I need na. Which if you asked the 25-year old Denden, I'm sure she'll answer you very different."

"Totoo nga ang quarter life crisis, no?"

Den nodded, "thank you for sticking with me in those times I even almost gave up on myself trying to find what my purpose really is."

"If I hadn't, that would be my biggest loss, babe. I'm glad I didn't, I love you," Ly said. 

Den reached Ly's lips and kissed it lovingly, "I love you. Let's spend our birthdays like this, don't you think?"

"Hmm, I'll think about it, I might want to bring you to Greece on your birthday next year."

Den's eyes widened, "really?!"

"Might nga, babe, pag may budget," biro ni Ly.

"Let's save up for it, then," sabi ni Den, "what do you think?"

Alyssa smiled, thinking of how a great person the woman in front of her, and how lucky she is for loving her and be loved back. 

She pinched Den's cheeks, "I must have saved the world before for having you now, 'no? Walang urungan sa kasal, ha?"

Den lightly smacked her head, "ako nagpropose, ako pa uurong? Ikaw dyan."

"Inunahan mo kasi ako," reklamo ni Alyssa, talking about Den's proposal a month before yung plano sana ni Alyssa. 

"Mabagal ka kasi," sagot naman ni Den, "galingan mo sa susunod," paghahamon ni Den.

"Yabang, makita mo!" Ly answered, feeling challenged. 

Nagkatinginan sila and laughed at each other because of what happened. 

"Kumain na nga tayo, nagugutom ako sayo, Alyssa," Den said as she put food on Ly's plate first.

Ngumiti na lang si Ly and sighed at how simple things right now but it's everything she prayed for, "Happy Birthday, Dennise Michelle," she said and kissed Den's head which made Den smile. 

--

a/n: Happy Birthday, D! <3