the story of us II

"Did you take the risk?"

"No," Den and Ly answered, "at first," Ly added. 

"At first? Bakit?" 

Ly looked at Den, Den laughed. 

"Oo sige na ako na sasagot," Den said, "ayoko."

"Sabi niya pa sa'kin dati, 'Okay naman na tayo sa ganito di ba?'" Ly said and everyone laughed while Den punched Ly's arm, "what? Totoo naman!" 

"You don't have to expose me like that!" Den whined, then she sighed, "but yeah, I said that, asshole, I know."

"Hoy di naman," Ly said. 

"Bakit ayaw mo lagyan ng label, Den?"

"I was scared," Den answered, "scared of how things would be after we namin maging official, I was scared na everything would suddenly change. Alam niyo 'yun? There's always something that will shift pag kayo na e, and I was scared to facet that kasi I don't know kung kaya ko."

"You can call her Chandler," Ly joked, this time binatukan na siya ni Den. 

"Isa pa, Alyssa," Den warned.

Ly laughed, "okay sorry na..."

"Was it hard? 'Yung walang label?"

"Very hard," Alyssa answered, Den just smiled, "I mean may mutual understanding sa amin, given na 'yon, we like each other, yes, pero the only thing holding you back is that word called label. Honestly before I thought bullshit lang ang label, pero pag andon ka na pala, that shit settles everything up. Label gives you rights, I must say," Ly said with a chuckle. 

"Aminin mo nga sa'kin," Den said and turned to Ly, "was it really okay to you that time na ganon set up natin?"

Ly smiled, "masyado kitang mahal para humindi."

That caught Den off guard for a moment, "okay Ly, I know that, pero answerable by yes or no yung tanong ko."

"Kilig ka lang e," Ly said, "honestly, hindi. You know how much I hate uncertainties, being in that kind of set up with you is very risky for me, and heartbreaking, but at the end of the day, I knew I'll regret it if I didn't try, so I gave it a go. I told myself bahala na if this would turn out breaking my heart, as long as I was able to make you feel my love. Ella said I was stupid for that kind of thinking," Ly told Den, "pero choice ko namang magpakatanga and I was ready for the consequences."

"Did you think of giving up?" Den asked.

"A lot of times," Alyssa admitted.

"Why did you stay?"

"Mahal kita e," Ly answered. 

They fell silent and looked at each other. Ly give Den a sweet smile. 

The interviewer cleared her throat. 

"What happened after? You said you didn't take the risk at first, does that mean eventually you din?"

"Yes, we did," Alyssa answered, "took her a long time but we did," Ly said, stopping herself from laughing as to why they finally took the risk. 

"Since Ly looks like she's gonna laugh even before saying it... I told everyone I'm her girlfriend, thanks to that someone who had a crush on her."

"What did you say that time, Den?" Ly teased. 

"'Alyssa's not single, she's my girlfriend, so you can back off, Miss, and everyone,'" Den said with a smirk on her face that made everyone laugh. 

"I was very shocked that moment, aba, nagka-girlfriend ako bigla, pero blessing in disguise na rin na she was jealous."

"Just admit it you made me jealous," Den said. 

"Hoy hindi ah," Alyssa answered, "kasalanan ko bang I'm a charmer?" 

"Ang kapal ng mukha mo," Den said while laughing. 

"How was the relationship?"

"It was blissful," Alyssa answered, "I mean, I really sang Forevermore to her. Though we had a lot of fights, mas matimbang pa rin yung saya na nararamdaman ko pag kasama ko siya, na kahit may mga oras na hindi kami okay, I never thought of giving up kasi for me, siya na e. Shit ang corny but yeah, that's what I felt," Alyssa said. 

"One thing only came to my mind nung naging kami," Den said after, "why did I make her wait so long."

That statement of Den earned a lot of reaction from the people with them. 

"De pero seryoso," natatawang sabi ni Den, "I told myself I would've lost an amazing girl if I had let my issues ruin it e, but I'm glad Alyssa stayed kahit I was unfair to her. I hope I was able to make up for it," Den said and looked at Ly. 

"You did, a hundred of times," Alyssa said. 

They smiled at each other. 

"Who broke up with whom?"

"I did," Ly answered. 

"Why?"

"I was not happy anymore," Den answered. 

To be continued. Last part na next.