Untitled Part 14

+wherein Den's been trying to avoid Alyssa+

a one shot about a girl not knowing how to communicate about her feelings hehe

--

"Is she still there?" Den asked Ella. 

She heard Ella sigh at the other line, "kakaalis lang. Girl, you have some explaining to do, I don't want to ask pero pangatlong beses mo na 'tong iniiwasan si Alyssa, lumabas ka na dyan sa closet," Ella said. 

"Promise umalis na siya?" Den asked again.

"You want me to call her again?"

"No! Okay eto na lalabas na," Den said, she carefully opened the closet where she's in at nagtiptoe pa papunta sa pinto ng kwarto niya, she opened it silently at sumilip sa sala, she immediately saw Ella alone at the living room. 

She sighed in relief. 

"Thanks besh," Den said. 

Ella looked at her, "so anong problema mo? Are you ghosting her? Nako Den ha, I'll kick your ass out of this unit, wala akong bestfriend na ghoster."

"It's not like that..."

"But it's like that?" Ella added. 

"A bit," Den said, babatukan na sana siya ni Ella pero nagsalita ulit siya, "I just want to go back to normal before talking to her again!!" Den defended herself.

"What do you mean?"

Den sighed, "I'm catching feelings, okay?" Den said, frustration is evident in her voice, ngumiti naman si Ella, "stop smiling like that, it's not funny."

"What's so wrong about having feelings for Ly???"

"She's a friend!!" Den shouted, "you do know my rule about having feelings with a friend."

Ella scoffed, "never fall in love with a friend," she answered.

"Exactly. Alyssa's been...she's been kind, sweet, thoughtful, I mean ikaw din naman ganon towards me, nag-aasaran kami like kung paano tayo nag-aasaran, everything me and Alyssa do, ginagawa din natin pero bakit..."

"Bakit you're feeling something else for her?"

Den nodded, "it's weird. And dangerous."

"Kaya sabi mo gusto mo muna bumalik sa normal before talking to her again? Kasi ngayon abnormal ka for having a crush on her?"

"Why do I feel you're mocking me?" Den asked, "but you're right. And I wish it's just a crush kaso I know it already went beyond that kaya I'm distancing myself muna, until mawala lang 'to."

Ella clicked her tongue, "alam mo, at least tell her you're busy or I don't know, you need to sort out your feelings and you need to distance yourself."

"Parang sinabi mo na rin na umamin ako, besh."

"E kaysa naman you're letting her wonder kung bakit mo siya iniiwasan. Kawawa naman si Alyssa, she looked like a lost puppy earlier."

"She did?" Den asked, worried about Alyssa.

"Yup. And besh, I'll ask again, what's so wrong about having feelings for her? What if she feels the same?"

"What if hindi?" Den asked. 

"Linya ng duwag number 1. What if oo?"

"What if hindi mag-work?"

"Linya ng duwag number 2," Ella said, "so you're choosing the safe choice."

"I do."

"Kaya mo makita siya happy with somebody else? All the shit that you do together, kaya mo malaman na she do that with somebody else? You said earlier that what we do and what you two do are pretty much the same, but you missed one thing, and that's the only difference."