Chapter Fourteen: Best of Intentions

~*~Author's Notes~*~ Hey guys! so this is my little Christmas chapter/favorite chapter of all time! I hope you guys like it! I have been evil to a few of my friends because I made them wait until I posted it and I only told two friends about it! ;) Hope ya'll enjoy! Vote, fan, Pm, comment. Thank you for reading! :D

CHRISTMAS EVE...

Adeen and Bruce walked outside into the ice, cold, snowy air. Adeen wore her black peacoat, plaid scarf, dark navy blue beret, blue jeans, and her tan parka boots. She smiled at the scenery around her. Winter time was her absolute favorite of all the seasons. She loved the snow and the cold weather. It reminded her of the few cherished memories of her childhood. The memories she would always remember of her family. Those were the times she loved the most. Bruce held onto her hand, smiling down at her. He could see it in those beautiful blue eyes of hers and saw the happiness within them. He loved it when she was happy and loved seeing her warm smile upon her face. He always wanted her to be happy. He began laughing softly at a memory he remembered. Adeen looked up at him curiously, raising an eyebrow. She nudged him in the side playfully with ehr signature smile upon her face. 

"What are you laughin' about?" she sweetly asked in her southern accent. 

Bruce smiled at the sweet sound of her voice. He loved the sound of her voice. 

"Remember the time you came to visit Jen and I for Christmas break?" Bruce asked, looking down at her. 

"Was it when we all ganged up on your uncle or the time I had just gotten out of the car and you and Jen decided to pelt me with snowballs?"

"The second one." Bruce answered, trying not to laugh. 

She laughed, smacking his chest gently with her free hand. Bruce couldn't help but to laugh at her reaction. Adeen heard him start laughing and her face brighened up. She loved hearing his husky laugh and seeing him happy. He was always worrying and so serious, with the exception of being with Tony, Jade, and her. Then, he coul dbe his normal self. 

"Yea, thanks to you two troublemakers, I'm petrified of snowballs. You guys ambushed me aggressively that day and it was so unfair." 

"Oh...you are now?" he slyly asked, stopping in his tracks, bending down towards the snow. 

Adeen let go of his hand and slowly began to back away from him. 

"Robert Bruce Banner...I swear to God, if you throw that snowball..." she began to warn him but it was too late. 

She threw her arms up, covering her face just as a snowball hit her in the stoamach. She heard laughter in front of her. She looked up to see Bruce laughing uncontrollably. Her eyes narrowed mischievously as she bent down and rolled up a snowball. Adeen threw it at him and watched as it hit him in the face. He stopped laughing suddenly when he felt the snow collide with his face. Adeen covered her mouth, trying ot hold the laughter back. Bruce slowly opened his eyes and looked straight at Adeen. She smirked and began to turn around to run away. Bruce smirked and ran up behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and lifter her up, spinning her around. She screamed a little, then began laughing.

***

As all this was going on, Steve, and Thor were watching them through the window. 

"Who would have thought Brucie would be good with the ladies?" Tony asked.

"I have no idea, but this is an extremely different side of Bruce I haven't seen before...It's like he's never had a problem with life..." Steve answered, slightly baffled by this new side of Bruce's. 

Thor laughed heartily at Steve's statement. He patted Steve on the back. He flinched at the God's contact.

"Change is good, Friends Rogers...especially for Banner."