Chapter 16.

"Welcome back, to the Clearwater Bay Regional Championship. We have a message from local champion, Kaleo Makana." Kaleo spoke next after the announcer,

"Surfers, this is a chance to be better than the last time. A chance for you to give it 100 percent and some. Don't worry focus on your concerns, focus on the competition. And remember; A surfer worries about what they can't do. A great surfer believe in what they can. Good luck." Kaleo smiled to the surfers and the crowd cheered. The guy was the island legend after all.

"Ladies and gentlemen, your competitors; Green, Cameron Kingston. Yellow, Emmet Clark. White, Josh Kias. Purple, Nathan Blake. Blue, Zayn Malik. And Black, Harry Styles.

"Harry!?" Josh didn't believe it. He didn't want to believe it.

Harry snapped his head in the direction of the voice that called his name. He smiles politely at Josh, even if he deserved a death glare instead.

Zayn just blankly stared at him, not exactly caring about Josh's unwanted presence. Frankly he thought Josh deserved to lose. And if somehow Josh were to mysteriously disappear...it was Zayn.

"Josh. Hi." Harry said excitedly. He was just happy to be here.

"Dude..." Josh looked at Harry's leg, quickly looking away and back at Harry.

Harry waited anxiously for Josh to say something hurtful, but was quickly put at ease when Zayn put a hand on the small of his back.

Josh looked at Zayn, then at Harry, then surprisingly stuck his hand out for Harry to shake. "Badass." Josh said with a smile, Harry shook his hand and laughed.

Zayn smiles small, still not completely trusting Josh. And definitely still not over the last time they met. But for now, he would let it slide.

A horn sounded through the speakers on the announcement booth. "2 minute warning."

Josh walked away and Zayn turned to look at Harry. He smiled bright and grabbed Harry's hand, intertwining their fingers.

Harry smiled wide aZayn pulled him close, wrapping his arms around Harry's waist while Harry rests his hands on Zayn's chest. The rested their foreheads together, both still smiling like goofballs.

"Hi." Harry whispered.

"Hi." Zayn whispered back. He couldn't help but smile. He was just happy. "Are you ready for this?" Zayn asked.

"Yeah." Harry would tell Zayn was scared. But Harry was determined, he believed. "Think so." He mumbled.

Zayn chuckled but his face quickly went back to serious. Harry saw this and decided to attempt and put Zayn's worrying at ease. "I'm gonna be ok, Z. We're gonna be ok." He smiled.

Zayn looked at him, admiration in his eyes. But something else was there too, Harry just couldn't exactly pin point it. So he shrugged it off. "Ok." Zayn nodded.

The horn went off again, and the boys grabbed their boards off the ground and rushed to the ocean, hoping in and rushing to the line.

"Surfers; after the horn sounds, you're free to ride. Play fair. Good luck, and stay safe." The announcer waited 30 seconds before sounding the horn after the surfers gave the thumbs up.

The crowd cheered at the sound of the horn and competitors looked into the surf for a good wave.

Harry saw the wave first, but hesitated. So Yellow jumped on his before Harry finished second guessing. When Yellow caught the wave, he did the bare minimum tricks, but his ride was smooth and accurate so, he scored well.