Chapter 17.

The waves were low now as the sun gets cooler and the air gets thicker. The crowd was expecting, and the surfers were anxious.

Over some time, Josh had caught a big wave that landed him with an 8.7 and Zayn just glared at his back while shaking his head. "He cannot win." He said lowly.

Harry giggled at Zayn's mad face, and once Zayn heard his giggle he immediately smiled, all his anger fading.

Something out of the corner of his eye made Zayn move his eyes away from Harry, though he didn't want to look away. It was a big wave, one that could get him a very good score if he did everything right.

He looked at Harry once more and Harry nodded his head, encouraging Zayn to go. Zayn smiled and got on his belly.

Paddling out to the wave didn't take long, and he quickly turned. He stood up at exactly the right time and bent his knees as he held his arms out to guide the direction of his board.

As he was riding, he decided to show off a little and started moving his board like a snake slithering, back and forth on the water. Once he got off the wave he hoping onto his board.

"Great ride from Blue, scoring himself a 9.7, the highest score of the day so far." The announcer said excitedly. Zayn and Harry smiled wide and clapped hands, as Josh just glared at Zayn.

After the crowd stopped cheering for Zayn, everything was quiet. It was still, the ocean was flat. Harry looked onto the ocean as he adjusted his prosthetic, making sure it isn't slipping.

"Looks like there is about three minutes left, and no surf in sight." The crowd mumbled to each other as they heard this.

A couple seconds pass, and Zayn watches the flat ocean. Harry on the other hand, doesn't sit and watch. Getting on his belly, Harry paddles away from the line and out to the ocean...far out to the ocean.

"Harry? Where are you going!?" Zayn had to talk loudly, that's how far away Harry was. But he started to worry a little when Harry gave no answer, he only sat on his board looking at the ocean.

"Oh, there goes Styles." The first announcer said. There were two in the booth but the other one didn't talk very much.

"Where's he going, J?" The second announcer asked.

"I don't know, Dave. It's completely flat out there."

"What is he doing?" Trisha asked worriedly, and confused.

Yaser just shakes his head watching Harry closely. "He's feels something." He said quietly. The girls were all just as confused.

Seconds pass by, and no one does anything. Until the timer walked to the outside of the announcement booth and hold out his horn. "A minute left in the competition." Dave says.

"Well it looks like this competition might be over already." J assumed as there was still no surf.

But Harry saw differently. Right in front of him, he could see it start up and immediately got ready to paddle. A big wave. Probably the biggest wave he's every competed with, was right there.

And he was going for it.

"Oh, he's paddling out." Dave says, suspense evident in his voice.

Harry paddles hard to get to the wave before it's too late. He heard the crowd start to get louder, and he heard Zayn start to cheer. Which made him push harder and focus deeper.

Harry turned, paddling away from the wave as he counted his timing right. Bracing himself with his hands on the side of the board. The sound of a horn went through the air just at Harry puts both feet flat in the board and stands.