Chapter 1.

"Harry be careful, I love you!" Anne has been yelling at her 8 year son all day. To say he was a trouble maker would be an understatement. And of course living on an island didn't help either.

Harry ran through the house with his board, escaping the boredom of the television and running toward the only thing that keeps him sane. The saltwater.

Replying to his mother with a quick "Love you Mama!", Harry opened the sliding glass doors in the back of his beach house, and stepped into the hot sand with bare feet. He had his RipCurl long sleeve and trunks on, with his black and white board tucked under his right arm and his left hand keeping a firm hold on the top.

He rushed to the ocean behind his house, moving the board out in front of him as he plops down into the clear blue mass. Paddling out further, pushing water behind and he moves with the waves.

His mother watching his carefully from the windows, making sure her child is safe. And he was, he always was.

Harry never had any other hobbies than surfing. He never showed even the slightest interest in activities but surfing, and anything having to do with.

Always feeling as if the big blue ocean was his calling. Like he needed the sea to survive. Harry felt the strongest pull when near the water. The saltwater. Having no fear whatsoever, he goes to it. Who was he not to listen?

Now 10 years later, 18 year old Harry Styles is one of Kauai Hawaii's top surfers. 15 different sponsors lined up to support the boy, 7 news channels asking for exclusive interviews, and trainers all across the island trying to coach the star further to fame.

But Harry didn't want the fame. He never surfed in hopes of becoming known all over the world. He did it because it was close to the only thing he loved, with the exception of his family of course. And by family, Harry means his trainers, and Zayn, along with his family.

Anne passed away a week after Harry turned 18. She had been fighting lung cancer for 5 years. She was the strongest person Harry had ever met, she never gave up once in trying to beat the disease. But she was just too weak to fight anymore.

On June 17th at 5:09pm Anne was rushed to the hospital, having collapsed in the kitchen while making dinner with her son.

Zayn loved Anne like a second mother. That's why when Harry called him about the news of his mother, he rushed to the hospital. The boys stayed to the hospital while Anne was trying to recover.

The next morning at 3:16am, Anne Styles has lost her battle to lung cancer, passing in her critical state. Harry and Zayn woke up seeing Anne's lifeless body in the hospital bed.

Both boys broke down at the same time, holding each other tighter than they ever have before, sobbing hysterically and bodies shaking violently.

Anne had told Harry and Zayn to promise her they would never let her death hold them back from anything. From their dreams. From their lives. She loves both boys deeply, as did they to her.

After Anne's funeral, Trisha and Yaser Malik took in their sons' best friend, Harry Styles. And seeing as they were already family to the boy, Harry adjusted to living with them and Zayn's sisters easily.

The boys' way of mourning was the ocean. They surfed, trained, got coached, and even competed against each other every day after Anne's funeral.

They became two of the most competitive people Trisha and Yaser had ever met or seen. But they love their boys, no matter how rowdy and reckless they were.

People all over the island know who Harry and Zayn are. Thousands of islanders come watch them surf, even if it's just public training. They were adored by everyone.

The ocean is Zayn and Harry's second home.

10 years of hard training, dedication, and determination later, and the two boys' dream has come true. Even though they didn't particularly like the attention, they loved the competition. Who doesn't?

Besides, it's not like competition has ever hurt anybody...right?