Chapter 4.

~Zayn's POV~

Adrenaline pumped through my body and I stood on my board. Feet shoulder length apart, knees bent, and arms out to balance my weight.

"Zayn Malik catching the first wave, starts off with a cut in the wave he makes look just too easy!" I heard the announcers voice boom through the speakers, even from the waves.

With my board cutting through the water and me legs controlling the moves I make, I sure my leg control to swerve my board to the left and make a sharp cut off the top of the wave.

With the announcer narrating my every move, I decided to try something different and hope to God I do it successfully.

"Malik coming down off the the top, and curving to the right. It doesn't look like he's done yet."

I used that as encouragement, and pulled my body forward to make sure I'm balanced, then as the wave got smaller and started to ride in closer, I took about 3 steps forward on the board and 3 steps back to my originals spot.

"The moves Malik is showing have scored him an 8.7 on his first ride, and something tells me he's just getting started." The announcer said and I could hear Harry's shouts of encouragement.

"Woo! Way to go Z!" Harry yelled, cupping his hands over his mouth to try and make his voice loader.

I smiled to myself and then dove forward into the ocean to stop from wiping out as the wave started to calm down. After I emerge from the water and hop back up to sit on my board, I sent the crowd a quick shake of my hand.

I paddled back over to my spot in the line up and sat back up. I looked over at Harry only to see him already looking at me already, smiling widely.

"Z!" He yelled and playfully smacked my arm. "That was awesome!" He finished. I saw more surfers racing against each other to catch waves and get their names in the score board.

I threw my head back and laughed, "Thanks Haz, I do have the best training partner." I said, smiling at him. Me and Harry used practice together every other day for the last 10 years, but when Harry moved in with us, we started training with each other every single day we could.

He's better than me, that was obvious to anyone. But he kept me going, he keeps me going. He's one person I will always need in my life. I don't know what I'd do if something happened to him.

"You don't have any talent. So that must mean you rely on luck, doesn't it?" I heard Josh's annoying ass voice. The announcer was in the background pointing out moves other surfers were making.

Me and Harry's head snapped towards him and I could tell he was pissed at Josh. "Just piss off, Josh." Harry said angrily.

"What's your damage anyway? Daddy dearest couldn't pay the judges off this time?" I said to him. Josh's father was the owner of all the companies that make boards for the island.

He usually pays the judges to rig the competitions so Josh wins. Now I'm all for good sportsmanship but truthfully, Josh sucks ass. I honestly think he just surfs for the girls.

He rolls his eyes and looks at the ocean, smirking at me. He starts to paddle out, but Harry saw the wave he was trying to catch. It was at least worth a 9 if Josh could ride successfully. Which is exactly why Harry got down and paddle battles his way to the massive wave Josh was trying to catch.

The announcer caught sight of this, "Well it looks like we have a paddle battle, Styles and Kias fighting for that wave." I started yelling encouraging words to Harry. He was stealing Josh's wave.

"Beat his ass, Haz!" I screamed at him, pretty sure I heard him laugh. Clapping my hands as I watched Josh start to fall back from paddling, knowing that he can't beat Harry's long arms moving to catch the wave.

"Damnit!" Josh yelled as he sat up on his board. I laughed at him and he whipped his head around to glare at me. I just flipped him the bird and waved, smiling innocently.

I turned my attention back to Harry and see him maneuvering his board to get in front of the wave.