Chapter 7.

5 days ago on May 13th, 2018 at 8:09am: Harry Styles was in the middle of a tunnel in, when a great white emerged from the water and jumped at him before plunging back into the water, taking Harry's left leg with it.

"Z." A whisper disturbed Zayn's dream. "Z. Wake up." Harry rubbed his eyes, sitting up in his bed. Zayn stirred in the chair he had pulled up next the Harry's bed.

Zayn grunted and cracked his back while stretching his legs and rubbing his eyes. "Zayn, we're home now. You don't have to watch me twenty-four-seven." Harry said with a slight smile.

Zayn looked tired. More tired than usual. The chair he slept in beside Harry's bed was uncomfortable, and the nightmares Zayn keept having weren't helping either.

Harry has been home for a week, and Zayn insisted on watching over him at all times. But as much as Harry appreciated it, didn't like it. "It's just in case you need anything-"

"But I can handle sleeping, Z." Harry cut it off. He was trying not to let the irritation show on his face, or in his voice. He wasn't helpless.

Zayn looked at Harry for a second before smiling softly. "Ok." He whispered. "Let's go eat breakfast." Harry nodded and pulled back his black covers.

Zayn tried his best not to look. He didn't want to make Harry uncomfortable or offend him. But he couldn't help but glance once at the bandages that surrounded what was left of Harry's leg.

Zayn's eyes started watering, he could feel the tears threatening to spill. As Harry moved to swing his leg over the side of the bed, Zayn looked away to wipe the tears quickly before Harry could see.

But Harry saw. "Z..." he whispered, his own tears staring to fall as Zayn put his head down and sniffed. "I'm ok, Z." Harry tried to reason with Zayn, but Zayn knew that wasn't true. Harry was alive, yes. But this are different now.

"Lets go yeah?" Zayn suggested, going to the corner to grab Harry's crutches. They were temporary for now.

"Yeah." Harry whispered back, grabbing the crutches from Zayn and pushing himself up. Zayn looked at him for a couple of second. "Zayn. Walk." Harry told.

Zayn nodded, "You first." He said. But Harry shook his head. "I'm fine, Z." And Zayn looked at the door for a few second before he started walking.

He heard Harry take a deep breath, then he heard the metal at the bottom of the crutches that was covered in silicone hit the floor. As Harry took his 'steps'.

Going into the kitchen the boys could smell bacon and pancakes. Trisha was by the stove making breakfast, Yaser was sat at the table drinking coffee, and the girls were watching television while drinking their smoothies.

"Morning boys." Yasers voice boomed and Harry's head snapped to look at Yaser and smile.

"Morning, Dad." They both said.

He may not have their last name, but Trisha and Yaser Malik will always be his parents. Although no one can replace Anne, Harry calls Trisha 'Ma' instead of 'Mom' because that's what he called Anne. His 'father' left before he was born, so he had no problem calling Yaser his dad.

"Good morning babies." Trisha said, taking a break from cooking to kiss Zayn and Harry on the cheek. They hugged her, then looked at each other from the side, Zayn started making faces and Harry laughed.

When Trisha went back to the food, the boys sat down. Well, Zayn did. Harry struggled a little. Setting the right crutch against the edge of the table, and using both hands to steady himself with the left crutch.

Harry set the other crutch against the table and tried to sit, but he was too far from the chair. He had to hop a couple of steps and when he did, he stumbled a little.

Immediately, Zayn and Yaser shot up form their chairs to help steady the boy, but Harry wouldn't allow it. "I-I got." He stuttered quickly. "I'm fine." He mumbled after. Finally he got sat down, letting out a huge breath of air.

Trisha smile sadly at him, looking onto the scene from the breakfast she had plated. She brought Harry and Zayn's plates over first, "Girls!" She called and the 3 came running in.

"Hazza!" Safaa said excitedly, hugging Harry tightly. Harry let out a breathy chuckle, and smiled as he hugged her back tightly.

"Hey, Saf." He whispered and exchanged good mornings to the other girls. After they have eaten, the family of 7 talks about whatever they can find.

"Doctor said I can start training again when my stitches heal." Harry said. It was silent for a couple of seconds.

Yaser speared his throat before speaking, "Are you ready for that?" He asked carefully.

Harry looked down at his fingers in thought. "I...I don't know." He said slowly.

"Harry..." Zayn started, trailing off not knowing what to say.

"I'm never gonna know if I don't try." Harry said softly. "So we should go tomorrow."

"Go where?" Trisha asked.

"The hospital. Doctor Rovinsky said I could come back anytime to get my stitches checked. Besides, Regionals is in 3 weeks." Harry said. He paused then looked down.

"And...I need a new board." He finished the last part sadly. That was his mother's board. His good luck charm. How was he gonna even try and replace it?

"I'm sorry, Haz." Zayn said quietly, gripping Harry's hand softly. Harry looked over and and smiled sadly, eyes glistening with tears he refused to let fall.

"It's ok." Harry nodded his head. "I'm ok." He confirmed. But Zayn knew he wasn't ok. Things were different now. Way different. And that bothered both Zayn and Harry.

But they would have to learn to adapt. And tomorrow would be the start.