Chapter 10

The next day, I I got dressed and walked to class. Nothing unusual happened, but I was excited. I've decided that I would ask her in two days, as to give myself time to muster the courage to ask her and make sure everything is perfect.
I got to class and looked around at everyone. Almost everyone was there, except for Sato. We were informed later that he wasn't feeling well, so he stayed at his dorm.
"Hello. Do whatever you want, just don't bother me." Aizawa told us.
I turned to Kaminari.
"Hi" I said.
"Heyo" he said back.
We talked for a while, and eventually class ended. We walked out into the hall and split up. I walked around for a while, and bumped into Uraraka, Midoriya, Todoroki, and Iida laughing about something. Well, not Iida. He was yelling at Uraraka. I walked over to them.
"Hey guys, whats all the yelling about over here?" I asked them.
"Uraraka made a very...just a joke." Midoriya said, looking away with a red face.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"You don't want to know." Todoroki answered.
"What do you- OH" I said, knowingly.
"Yep" said a slightly embarrassed Uraraka. "I didnt mean to, it just came out."
"Oh wow" I replied.
"Yep" she said.
"Uraraka, that was not an appropriate joke! Let alone a SCHOOL appropriate joke! You must not say such things!" Iida yelled.
While people passed us, they heard Iida yelling and WHAT he was yelling. They immediately looked away and continued to walk past.
"Iida, you might want to be a little quieter..." Midoriya suggested.
"Of course Midoriya." Iida said.
"And for the record, me and Deku are going to prom as FRIENDS. That wouldn't happen." Uraraka said.
Midoriya nodded in agreement.
"Well thank god. You two are only teenagers, after all. You shouldn't be doing anything of that sort." Iida reminded them.
"Of course! Me and Deku are just friends Iida." Uraraka reminded him.
"Of course. I never thought anything else" Iida replied.
"Thats good. Me and Uraraka have fun as friends. We go to parks, we train, you know? That's fun!" Midoriya told Iida.
"I agree. Going to parks is fun." Todoroki said.
"Yeah" i agreed. "Okay. Let's uh...let's stop talking about this. We went from Uraraka's joke to going over what we find fun."
"You're right. It made me uncomfortable when this conversation started." Uraraka sighed.
"Uraraka, you are the one that started this conversation." Todoroki said.
"Todoroki is right. From what I heard, you are the one that made the joke, Uraraka." I said.
"Yeah yeah" She murmured.
"Well, I'll be going now." I told them as I walked away.
"Wait!" Midoriya called out to me.
"Hm? What is it Midoriya?" I asked.
"You can stay with us if you want! We're all going to study together" He told me.
"Really?" I asked.
"Of course! We are happy to have you" Iida said.
"Okay, thank you" I said, wandering back over to them.
After a while, Midoriya and Uraraka started telling us all about why they were only going to prom as friends.
"You see, I asked Uraraka to prom because neither of us have dates. No one was gonna ask us, anyway. Speaking of dates, how about you and Yaoyorozu, Jirou?" Midoriya asked.
"Yeah, whats happening in that field?" Uraraka questioned.
"Well, me and Yaomomo have been more...more complicated. Mina has been trying to set us up, she might think im some kind of pervert, considering a crashed into her chest, and yesterday me and her were talking to eachother and I found Uraraka, Midoriya, Bakugo, Kirishima, and I think Kaminari. I dont remember if there were more or less people, but me and Yaomomo were definitely not alone." I blurted out.
"Oh damn. Thats tough." Todoroki breathed.
"I sensed sarcasm." I turned to him.
"Oh I dont know which one is worse. Having an abusive father, and having your mother pour boiling water on your eye, or struggling to ask someone to prom." He said without batting an eye.
"Jeez Todoroki, what happened to make your past so...horrible?" Midoriya asked.
"My father happened. My mother poured the boiling water on my face because he drove her insane." He explained.
"Oh damn." I breathed.
"Yeah" Todoroki sighed. "Thats not even the worst of it"
"It isn't?!" Iida asked.
"No it isn't. Although I don't like talking about what is worse, so let's not talk about that." He told us.
"We should all respect Todoroki's privacy. We should not force him to tell us what he does not want to say." Iida said.
"Iida I right. He doesn't want to talk about it, so let's not make him talk about it." I agreed.
Uraraka made a pouty face.
"Thank you. I dont like talking about my past in general, but with people respecting my privacy, I should feel better." He said.
"Todoroki, those things don't just go away. You might feel a little better, but you won't ever forget about the pain your father caused you and the rest of your family." Midoriya told him.
"I'm glad you understand, Midoriya." Todoroki thanked him.
"Well, let's stop talking about this like Iida said." I said.
"Yes." Iida agreed with basically himself.
And we went on talking about things that didn't matter. All the time, I was filled with happiness.
A few hours later, I was at Todoroki's dorm. I knocked.
"Hello?" He said, opening the door.
"Heyo" I said.
"Oh hello. Come in" he greeted.
"Thanks" I thanked him.
"Hey Jirou!" Uraraka said.
"Hey Uraraka." I said back.
"Hello Jirou. Midoriya is running a bit behind schedule, so we are currently waiting for him. Have a seat." Iida told me.
"Thanks Iida" I said.
"It is not a problem. Tell me, do you enjoy hanging out with us?" Iida asked.
"Of course I do. I do enjoy hanging out with the Bakusquad too, but you guys are really fun and energetic. Some of you, anyways." I said as I looked at Todoroki teasingly.
"I cant help the fact that I am cold." Todoroki said.
"I never said you could" I laughed, noticing his eyes signaling 'dont go too far into this'.
"Anyways, Midoriya, if you had the courage to ask someone to prom, who would you ask?" I asked him.
"Me? Well...i-" Midoriya was cut off.
"Hey nerd. I'm gonna beat your ass in training." Bakugo said as he walked past us.
"Its...its complicated." Midoroya continued.
"Wait, would you ask Bakugo?" I inquired.
"I- maybe?" He answered, earning an 'oooooooo' from me and Uraraka.
"You know, I think you guys would be cute together." I told him.
"Wait, really?" Midoriya said, looking up at me.
"Yeah, of course." I replied.
"But- but he's got Kirishima! I couldn't ever compete against him!" He said.
"Why, because you are too nice?" Uraraka asked.
"No, because he's so much better at expressing his feelings than I am!" Midoriya answered.
Everyone fell silent.
"Midoriya, do you hear yourself sometimes?" Todoroki asked.
"I hate to be that person, but Todoroki is right. Are you aware half the time you are awake?" Iida said.
"Guys, come on! I'm sure Kacchan would choose him over me any day!" He said, looking down.
"Hey Deku, you don't know that! I'm sure he likes you just the same." Uraraka assured him.
"Really?" Midoriya asked.
"Yeah!" She replied.
"Thank you! That helps me alot. Do you guys think I could ask him? If he accepts it, me and Uraraka will just tell everyone we were going as friends!" Midoriya said.
"Are you sure?" I asked him. I didn't want him to be heartbroken, especially after what happened the other day between him and Kirishima. It was obvious they liked eachother, and I didnt want Midoriya to be sad.
"Yeah! Why, do you not think its a good idea?" He asked me.
"What? No! Its not that, its just... actually, can I speak to the rest of you guys alone?" I asked them.
"Sure Jirou" Uraraka replied.
"Of course, but why not Midoriya?" Iida asked.
"Its nothing. We will be right back Midoriya." I told him, as I led the others away.
"Why did you take us over here Jirou?" Todoroki whispered.
I told them all about what happened with Bakugo and Kirishima.
"Oh no...Deku is going to be so heartbroken..." Uraraka breathed.
"We can't do much about it, can we? After all, we shouldn't keep it from him." Iida sighed.
"But...what if we didn't tell him? None of us want to see him sad, and he will probably hear everything anyway" I suggested.
"But Jirou, thats the point! If he hears it, he will know we've heard it because it would be all around the school, and he would think we weren't good friends and when we tell him that you told us, he's gonna hate us!" Uraraka told me.
"I- okay, good point" I agreed.
"So, we are telling him?" Todoroki asked us.
"Yeah" I replied.
We walked back to where Midoriya was sitting.
"Hey, uh- Midoriya?" Todoroki said.
"Yeah? Is something wrong? You usually don't sound this anxious, Todoroki" Midoriya asked.
"Well, there is something we all want to tell you" I told him.
"What is it?" He asked.
"Well...um..." Uraraka started.
She told him.
Midoriya was silent.

Word count: 1,569