Chapter 15

The next day, I realized I had left a notebook of mine at the café. I realized this after school started, so I had to participate the whole day without it. I was nervous someone would find it, because, unbeknownst to others, it has every math problem you can think of in it. Solved.
After school ended, I didnt have the strength to run the whole way there, so I had to walk.
I had been walking for a few minutes when I felt another person bump into me.
"Hey, watch where-" I started. "Oh, hey Momo"
"Hello Kyoka" she greeted me. "I apologize for bumping into you"
"No, its okay" I told her.
"Ah, it is? I'm still very sorry" she apologized while looking at the ground.
"It's still okay" I assured her.
"Where are you going?" She asked me.
"To the café. I left my notebook there." I replied.
"Really? I'm going there as well, would you like to walk together?" She asked me.
"Sure" I replied with a goofy smile across my face.
The whole time we talked, I had that same grin across my face and I couldn't control it. I told jokes, she laughed. I asked her questions, she answered. Every word we said, I could tell I was falling more in love with her.
We got to the café and I found my notebook in a lost and found they had.
We decided to hang out together, and me and Momo sat down.
"So! What are you getting?" She asked me.
"I think I'll have the blueberry scone" I replied, looking at the menu.
"That sounds nice" she said.
After I was sure she wasn't looking, I looked up at her without moving my head so that if she looked back at me, I could look normal. As I looked, I admired how she was perfect in every way possible. Her hair, her eyes, her personality, her intelligence... it was all so amazing. I was so lucky she was interested in me.
"Kyoka? Are you alright?" She waved her hand in front of my face, as I snapped out of my trance. I had been daydreaming.
"O-oh, yeah. I'm so sorry, I was staring!" I apologized for so long that the waiter had to wait for me to stop.
We ordered our food and started talking.
"So, how was your day?" She asked me.
"Good. How was yours?" I asked her back.
"Good. I found something in my locker earlier this morning, though." She told me, as she began reaching for her bag.
"Oh? What is it?" I asked her, with my eyes following her hand as she pulled something out of her bag.
"Uh, this." She replied as she handed me a box. "I dont know what's inside of it, though...how about we open it after we eat?"
"Good idea." I agreed.
While we eat, we laugh and talk. Every once in a while, she would look over at the box, as if she was on the edge of her seat waiting for me to open it.
"Is there something up with that box? Is something inside of it going to pop out and scare me?" I asked, eyeing the box.
"No, no. That's not-" she replied.
"Oh, good. I thought you didn't know whats in the box though?" I told her, smiling slightly.
"Well. Uh- yes, fine. I know whats in the box. Its from me, too, actually" she answered me.
"Oh, really? What's in the box? Is it something important?" I asked.
"Well, we should wait until we are finished eating first." She told me.
"Okay then" I replied.
We finished our food, and the whole time, I was curious.
What could be in that box that was so important? Is it something so bad that it would ruin my mood? Could it be something so amazing that it would change my life forever? Is it a gift? We'll see.
Around ten minutes later, we were finished our food.
"So...do I open the box now, or do I wait?" I asked her.
"You can open it now. And I would appreciate a straight answer, not something like 'Maybe'" She replied, pushing the box towards me.
"Got it" I said as I looked at the box.
What could be inside?
I tapped the box to see if there was anything alive inside, but I didn't get a response. Any animal was out of the question. Why would there be an animal in this tiny box? The only animal that would be able to fit in this box would be a hamster of some sort...
I picked it up and shook it, as I knew there was no animal of any sort inside of the box. It sounded like there was some sort of...paper? Why would she give me paper in a box instead of just handing it to me?
But something was different about it. It felt a tiny bit heavier than paper, but also light.
I looked at her as if to say 'What is this?' As I realized the box was also somewhat heavy. How could it be heavy if there was just a paper inside of it?
I lifted up the lid of the box, and inside...

I saw a few bunches of flowers in every color

I saw a few bunches of flowers in every color. Lime, purple, teal, red, and any other color. In the middle of the box was a big, red heart made out of cardboard that was glued to the box. That would explain why I didn't hear it when I shook the box. On the heart were the words 'Will You Go Out With Me?" Written in cursive. It was beautiful, but after a minute I realized what was happening.
I looked up at Momo, and she was looking at me with an awkward smile.
Her beautiful, awkward smile.
"I- You- Is this-? Is this what I think it is?" I asked her, surprised.
"If you think it is me asking you out, then yes it is what you think it is. But of course you don't have to say yes, I would totally understand!" She said. I noticed she said the last part a bit fast.
Normally, this would be the kind of thing you would think about. But seeing her there, her awkward smile now a hopeful smile, her beautiful eyes looking at me with such expectancy, I couldn't just say no. She's everything anybody could ask for.
"Momo-"
"I'm sorry if I did something wrong, what did I do?"
"What? What makes you think you did anything wrong?"
"You said my name like you were going to say no"
"Momo, why would I say no? You're very important to me. Of course I'll go out with you!"
She smiled so bright that she could light up any room. I smiled back. I stood up, walked to where she was sitting, and kissed her.
I kissed her. For the first time.
Suddenly, I heard clapping. I stopped and turned around.
Everyone else in the café was clapping, and they were all looking at us.
I looked at Momo.
"Did you ask me out as a joke or are they clapping for us because they are happy for us?" I whispered to her.
"I think they are happy for us, because I would not play with your heart like that and ask you out as a joke." She whispered back.
After a while the clapping died down and everyone went back to their food and conversations. Me and Momo argued about who was paying, and this time I reminded her that we made a deal that I would pay. After I paid for our food, we walked out of the café and we headed back to the dorms.
"You know, im really happy you said yes." She said to me after a while.
"Really?" I asked.
"Yes. I cant imagine what I would do if you had said no. I planned to just say 'Oh, alright' and go on with my day. But as you hesitated to answer...I got nervous and almost cried. I was just so nervous that I would have ruined everything." She replied.
I looked at her.
How could she think anything like this? Did I give any signs that I didn't like her? We are going to prom together, if I showed anything signaling I didnt like her then I'm doing something wrong.
"Momo, did I show anything saying that I dont like you? Because I like you so much you don't even know. Don't EVER think that I dont love you, even if it's for a second. Okay?" I said, stooping and turning towards her.
She nodded and hugged me. I hugged her back.
We got to the dorms, waved goodbye to eachother, and headed toward our rooms. I got to my dorm and jumped onto my bed. I was so happy.
Little did I know, there was something coming.
Something big.

Word count: 1,534
I am so sorry I took so long, there are many personal problems I had to deal with. But im here now and ready to write again!
I love you all ♡