Chapter 29 - N-no...

||Kirishima POV:||

We had taken Bakugou to the hospital. I am currently sat in the waiting room alone. My injuries had been easy to fix. Iida and Bakugou needed more attention. Bakugou more so. I tap my foot impatiently against the floor.
Aizawa walks into the room and sits next to me.
"They'll be ready when they are kid... I'm sure that Bakugou will be ok," he says to me, in a comforting way.
I smile at him and get a sudden feeling of safety. What if he was right? What if Bakugou was ok? What if I had been getting myself worried over nothing, and I would walk into that room and Bakugou would be sat there smiling?
These thoughts leave my head as soon as the doctor steps out of the room, a solemn look spread across his face. We stand up and look at him.
"I uh... I'm afraid I have some bad news," he says, looking at us.
My heart drops and I can feel sudden coldness run over my whole body. If he says it... if he says what I think he's gonna say...
"We couldn't save the boy," the doctor continues, "he had received too much damage to his chest. He wasn't in a state to be able to be saved. We thought we'd saved him for a minute... he even spoke... but then he just-"
I suddenly breakdown, tears falling down my face, my hand clutched to my chest.
Aizawa doesn't stop me. He just stands back observing me, tears falling onto his own cheeks.
"N-n.... n-no!" I cry out, shaking uncontrollably.
The doctor places a hand on my shoulder, trying to be comforting.
"Please t-tell me he's ok! He can't b-be d-d-d...." I can't finish my sentence and instead cry more.
"I'm so sorry son... but I need to-"
"What did he say!?" I cut the doctor off, lifting my head and looking at him in the face.
"Excuse me?"
"W-what did he say when you t-thought you'd s-s-saved him!?"
"Oh well... he was very quiet and I couldn't quite make it out but..."
"Tell me!"
"Ok, ok.... from what I could hear, it sounded like he said 'I know... I'm not gonna make it.... but uh... tell... Ejirou that... I love him...' or something along those lines..."
I breakdown again as the sudden reality of what was happening hits me in the chest.
"No.... no... n-no..."
Aizawa puts his arm around my shoulder.
"I think you need to... sit down Kirishima...." he says through light sobs.
"No! W-what I need is to see Bakugou... o-one last time! I n-need him!"
The doctor gulps, "I don't think that's a good idea... you don't want to see him like... that."
"I don't care! I don't care what I see! I just need to see him!"

I didn't get to see him. Instead I was taken away, crying back to my dorms. I had the choice to go back to my parents for a bit. I took it. I couldn't stand being around everything that reminded me of Bakugou. It hurt me physically.
When I had gotten back, my moms had welcomed me with open arms. They understood. They helped me through it. I even went to see Bakugou's parents. They weren't doing very well either, but it was good to have someone to share the memories with.
As for Midoriya and all of the villains, something happened with them... something that nobody really had expected. Something that would be for the better. As I had hoped.