Chapter 30 - It's all ok

~12 years later~

||Kirishima POV:||

I wake up, the morning sun hitting my face from a gap between my curtains. I yawn and sit up, rubbing my eyes. I allow myself to wake up for a moment and then look around my room, smiling. My eyes stop on a photo on my bedside table. I smile and pick it up. It was a picture of Bakugou, my boyfriend who'd died all those years ago.
"Good morning babe," I say, kissing the photo gently.
I place it back down and pull my slippers on, standing up and walking out of the room.
I walk downstairs and look at my daughter, sat at the table eating her breakfast.
"Took you long enough, where have you been?" She asks, not looking up from her bowl.
"Hey, I needed my beauty sleep," I reply.
She rolls her eyes and smiles at me.

I had adopted my daughter about 8 years ago. I had just turned 20 and felt really lonely. Knowing I would never get married or fall in love again (I had no intention to), I decided I would adopt. Give a child out there a loving home. Thats when I saw her. She wasn't like the other kids, and I presume I adopted her because she reminded me of Katsuki. Her temper seemed very similar and her hair is the same shade of blonde. She looked like his child. Thats what I wanted, it to be like he had a child with me... so I took her. She was around 5 at the time, making her 13 now.

"Besides, I had to get ready for today! It's a special day!" I say, grabbing myself some toast.
"A wedding for two of your old ass friends isn't a special day dad. I'm only coming because you're forcing me."
"And you best show that you enjoy it, even if you don't."
She rolls her eyes again but nods.
"Hey, watch it," I say, "Roll them eyes any further back and they will fall into your head."
She laughs at this and stands up, placing her bowl down next to the sink.
She looks at me and taps her fingers against the counter.
"Hey dad..." she says, looking at me.
I look at her from my seat, "Yeah?"
"I don't really like the dress we have decided I was gonna wear today..."
"Oh, thats ok sweetheart... uh do you have anything else you can wear?"
"Well yeah, thats the thing. I have a dress and its much further up my street. The one you picked out is way to.... pink."
I laugh, "Ok whatever, as long as you have one."
She nods gently, "Ok, I'll go get ready now."
I nod at her.
She leaves and I finish my breakfast, placing the dish next to the sink for me to do later.

Today is the day of Todoroki and Midoriya's wedding.
We all became friends after they all apologised and decided to convert to being heroes again. Everything became easy and sorted out. So yeah, Todoroki and Midoriya have been together for a long time.
They got engaged a year or two ago. Midoriya had been telling me all about it. He said it was 'so romantic'. I just nodded along. I mean, Midoriya and I got along pretty well, considering he was the person who killed the love of my life...
But it's all ok now... yeah, it is.

And now I am going to his wedding, where he is going to marry the love of his life. Something I'm never going to be able to do... but you know, it's all ok... all ok. Yeah....