eight

------ eight ------

------ eight ------

Leah's behaviour was alarming. And the amount of drama on their team suffocating. The air was tense. Yet the other group didn't face any less obstacles. It was only a matter of time till a volcano of bottled up hate would erupt over there. From the moment Martha voted Shelby on Toni's team, everybody knew drama was soon to follow.

The two girls didn't get along, or rather Toni didn't get along with Shelby. It showed when she grumpily went into the woods, axe in her hands, not being in the mood for planning ahead like the blonde suggested. At first, Grace believed the brunette's attitude towards the Texan and her refusal to work as a team to be the only things slightly dramatic happening on the other team.

She realised oh how wrong she was when the first strike of an axe hit their, almost finished, shelter. Then another one came. The second. The third. The fourth. Grace hadn't actually seen the beginning of what went down, but vivid descriptions by the rest of the group were given, enabling her to have a good understanding of the scene.

Apparently, the brunette had struggled setting up a bough for their shelter, Nora wanted to help her with it, to her dismay the brunette refused, Nora still wanted to be of use though. In her annoyance Toni pushed her to the ground, the girl hit the sand. In the meanwhile, some other branches fell.

"I said that I fucking had it!" Grace had only heard. Toni was hot headed. It didn't take much to anger her. She wasn't exactly a calm person. Everybody knew that, at home, on the island. But this was the day where her bad temper came through the most. All eyes were on her. Everyone of the girls had laid aside what they were doing, staring directly at the scene.

"I'm sorry. I-I just wanted to help," poor Nora stammered. Fear and guilt had overtaken her body.

Then it happened, she picked up the axe from the floor. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. And the shelter was no more. Instead there lay only boughs and bamboo. All scattered across the floor. In only a few seconds, she had erased hours of hard work. After all, it was much easier to destroy than to build.

The brunette walked towards her friend, still full with anger. Martha was hurt, about to break down. Shelby stepped in for her. "Okay, you need to take it down a notch," she said from behind the other girl. It resulted in Toni taking the piece her and Martha had been working on, throwing it to the ruin.

"Toni," Martha tried, the brunette still panting from her breakdown. In the end, the girl gave up though, her disappointment over her friend's actions weighting more than her sympathy towards her. Although Grace didn't see, she knew that at this point regret was written all across Toni's face. She knew that the girl wasn't oblivious to the damage she had caused. She was aware of what Martha felt because of her low self-control.

And when it all was too much, she ran after her best friend. Grace was about to follow her, yet Dot held her back. "They need some time to herself," was all she said.