That girl

Another boring day in the woods. I mean don't get me wrong. I love living here. It's just that sometimes... Sometimes I wish that I was with my parents. I feel like I'm not even in the 21st century. It's like...when I came here,I travelled back in time. I can't explain. It's just how I feel.

Laura is always gone. We haven't talked properly since she turned 18,which reminds me that my birthday is coming soon. I have a bad feeling about it. I feel like something bad is going to happen. But it's not of those cliché feelings. As the time you feel you're being watched. No... I see a major change...

Which reminds me of the time when...

It was somewhere around last year. I was still 16 for sure,but it was also about this time of the year,so Laura was already 17. We were just walking around,laughing... Hanging out I guess you could say. Nothing different from the usual, but then Laura suddenly stopped.

She took a step back and stole a glance at the forest. Out of there came out a girl. About 14 years old I dare to say. She had some of Laura's features. Big eyes,brown,long curly hair,pink lips,but this girl was a bit different. Laura's skin was white,but not as white as this girl's. Laura had big brown warm eyes,this girl had big eyes too,but not as big as Laura's . They were black and cold. She shot Laura a look.

Girl: Laura... What is a creature like you doing on my lands?

Laura:I've been here since before you were brought on this world.

Girl:I do not think so hybrid. What are you doing with this little blonde boy? He doesn't seems to be one of your targets.

Laura:That's because he isn't.

Girl:Did you fall in love,Laura?

Laura:Of course not.

Girl:Soon... Very soon. You will turn 18 Laura. Humans aren't scared anymore. They see us as a joke. This little fella... Hah! You will fall for the temptation. You will see... See you soon... Ross

The girl smirked at me,showing her fangs. She had a very strange accent. I don't know which scared me the most. Her words. Or her way of saying them. She had an evil smirk. She looked like a ghost. There was a strong contrast between her and Laura. Laura was wearing a white simple long dress,while the other girl dressed in a black tutu dress that ended just above her knee with a black cardigan to top it off. Laura has her ombré tips,while this girl had black highlights.

Ross:Who was that girl?

I asked,looking in the direction where the girl disappeared just a few minutes ago.

Laura:She's the other me.

Laura then stayed silent for the rest of the walk, but I never understood what she meant by the other me.

I didn't figured out what she meant. Not even at this time,but I'm still looking forward the answer. Sure... I wouldn't mind having two Lauras on my side,but the girl was different. A bad different. I feel like Laura's hiding lots of things away from me. But I'm going to find out what's going on. I assure you.

Might as well start with the place where we met last year. Laura never allowed me to go there after what happened, but you know what? I'm not gonna listen to her anymore. I am almost 18. I can make my own decisions.

Ross:Laura? Laura!

No response as always. Well this is my chance I will finally go out. I look to my left and to my right to make sure that Laura's not around. And right when I was about to go out... Guess what?!

Laura:Hi Ross! Did you call me?

Ross:U-uh yesss. I wanted to see if you're home.

Laura:Oh...

I scratched the back of my neck. The situation turned kind of awkward. I didn't know what to say to her... Ugh! I hate this so much!

Laura:Uhhhh... Ross?

She cut off my thoughts,almost in a whisper. She was looking down as if she was scared of me. She picked a strand of hair in her hands and started to play with it cutely. She does that just when she's nervous. I know her....well good enough.

I took a few small steps in her direction and placed my hand on her cheek. She still looks so fragile! Even now I'm scared to touch her cause she looks like she will break.

My hand was so big that it was placed on half of her neck also. I softly carresed her cheek and lifted her chin up to make her look at me. Since when is she afraid of me?

Ross:Yeah?

Laura:Uh... Would you...um...would you want to go on a walk with me?

She asked,blushing. I chuckled and hugged her as she hid her face in my chest probably because she was as red as a tomato.

Ross:That's what you were scared to ask me?

I felt her nodding, still not letting go of me.

Ross:Laura... You know I adore to hang out with you.

I smiled to myself and kissed her hair. She was so small! Or maybe I was just too tall. I don't know. I haven't seen anyone else in years! If Laura wasn't here,I wouldn't even know how a human being looks like.

Laura:So is that a yes?

I nodded. She pulled out and squealed. I breathed a laugh and watched her. I missed the perky Laura so much. She grabbed my hand and ran out with me following her from behind.

Man,I swear this girl will be the death if me! She can make me forget about everything .... Oh dang! Forget! I forgot about the forest! Oh Laura... I swear. You don't know the things you do to me. But I won't give up. I will figure out who's that girl.

Dun! Dun! Dun! Another girl in the peisaje. What do you think will happen? And who do you think that girl is?