The not so perfect walk

Laura and I were walking quietly around the town. It looked pretty scary if you would ask me. I don't know...it's just that I feel like I don't know everything about these ruins here. I think that they hide some kind of a secret.

I let it go for now. Because I'm sure that Laura will leave soon and I'm really looking forward spending some time with her. She's my best friend after all.

I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, pulling her closer to me. She grabbed my hand and gave me a smile. I smirked down at her as I saw her blushing. Yes,she's that short. But in a way,that's what makes her look so cute. Like a teddy bear. I just want to wrap my arms around her and cuddle sometimes.

Soon,Laura decided to stop,so we just sat down on the grass and just looked around. It was so peaceful and so beautiful. I don't know how humans can survive without this beautiful sight,surrounded by cars and buildings all day. I would get bored,but I can never get enough of this.

I let a yawn escape my lips. It wasn't really late. It was about the time the sun was setting, but I just felt tired.

"Are you sleepy?"asked Laura,once she turned her attention on me.

"A bit." I nodded.

"Then go to sleep."she suggested.

"I don't want to. I just want to spend some time with you." I replied,wrapping my arm around her shoulder,pulling her in a side hug.

"You can sleep on my lap. Like we used to when we were younger." she smiled at me.

"Are you sure?"she just nodded,so I laid my head on her lap and closed my eyes. She was murmuring a melody, that I couldn't quite relate to anything I ever heard before . It was beautiful, but sad. She never sings happy songs. I wonder why...

I soon felt her fingers tangled in my hair. She likes playing with my hair. Well... Can't blame her. My hair is fluffy and awesome. Like me, obviously. I slowly drifted off in a dreamless I guess you could call it nap.

"It's time to wake up cutie." I heard Laura whispering in my hear. I just groaned.

"Come on Ross! I want to walk with you!" I heard her saying. I then shot up,still half asleep. I opened my eyes and saw Laura smiling at me. I smiled back. I then realised how close our faces were to each other. I leaned in a bit and kissed her cheek, making her blush.

"Come on sleepy head. The day's not over."she giggled. I sat up and helped her up too. She took my hand and we began walking further and further. I don't think she even noticed,but I did notice something. She looked really tired. Like how you feel on a hot day of summer.

"Laur,do you wanna go back?" I asked,taking her hand and spinning her around.

"No. I'm fine."she gave me a fake smile.

"Come on. We're heading back" I demanded.

"No! Ross! We can't! We have to stay away from that place tonight!" she stopped me.

"Wait. That was the reason of this so called walk!?" I started getting angry.

"Ross,I'm sorry,but I couldn't tell you. I though that if I take you on a walk you won't notice." she played with her hair,giving me that look filled with guilt.

"I thought you wanted to spend time with me!" by this time I raised my voice.

"But I do want to. I just can't,Ross. Please understand."she reached for my cheek.

"Yeah. Sure." I chuckled biterily."I'm going back".

"Don't. Please listen to me."she said with tears in her eyes.

"Why should I?!" I yelled at her,turned on my heel and walked away.

"Ross! Wait!"she shouted. I looked back. She wanted to come near me,but she couldn't. It was like something was holding her back.

"Laura!" I tried to reach her. Everything went dark. I saw fear in Laura's eyes.

"Everything will be okay, Laur. I promise."

"No,it's not. They're going to take you away from me."she cried.

"What are you talking about? Who are they?" And as if it was all planned, I saw some kind of smoke coming towards me.

"Ross!" she tried to grab my hand,but it didn't work. She couldn't move.

"I promise that I will find and save you Laura. Even if it's the last thing I'll do!" I yelled and everything slowly faded away.