Some things never change

It's been 5 years since I moved in with my best friend Laura. I am officially 17 now and Laura is turning 18 soon. After a while,I realised that I am just one month younger than her.

Laura grew up beautifully. She's a really gorgeous woman and I'm really thankful that we're best friends. I remember that when we were younger, I used to have a crush on her,but can you blame me? Like she's the only girl I've ever seen or talked to in such a long time.

I was about 14...

Flashback:

I was wandering around,just taking a small walk. I really needed it. Lately I've been feeling strange around Laura. She's just so mysterious and smart and makes me smile and every time I would look at her,I'd just blush and avoid any kind of contact.

Just as I was walking,I saw a river and there was Laura,washing her hair. It was a very beautiful sight. She had a very long brown hair with some kind of white highlights.

She was looking at her reflection in the water,as she was running her hands through her hair. She was also singing,but a very sad song. She wasn't daring to get in the water with her body thought. Her song was so sad that I could swear I heard the rocks crying. She was such a beautiful and fragile creature. I swear that if someone would just grab her,she will break.

I found myself starring at her all. She was wearing a long white dress. I asked her once why is she always wearing white and she said that she enjoys it as long as she can. I was drooling. I'm not even gonna deny it. I was totally drooling and daydreaming also. (Hah! If that would happen now,my dreams won't be as innocent as then)

Laura:Hi Ross!*smiles*

Ross:*still starring*

Laura:Ross! Ross! Can you hear me?

She slowly approached me. I looked down and played with my fingers. I can't look in her eyes because if I do, I know I will get lost in her big brown eyes. I know she knows that there's something going on because I kinda have been avoiding her since I developed this crush on her. I know this is not the best thing to do,but I don't know what else could I do...

Laura:Ross? Why have you been avoiding me lately?

Ross:I-I uh....

I continued playing with my fingers. I just can't tell her that I like her. It will ruin everything! Ugh! Why must I be so stupid?

I then felt her fingers under my chin. She slowly lifted my head to make me look in her eyes. Ah! Why?! Just kill me now!

Laura:Ross...do you kinda feel attracted to me in any kind of way?

Ross:I-I uh...*sighs* Yes.

Laura:And that's why you have been avoiding me?

Ross:Mhm.

Laura:Oh you cutie! That's something absolutely normal!*giggles*

Ross:Normal?

Laura:Yes.

Ross:But how?

Laura:No questions Ross,but please try to push those feelings away. I don't want you to get hurt. You are my special boy,ok?

With that,she kissed my cheek and walked away, leaving me dumbfounded.

End of flashback.

Since then I've been watching Laura washing her hair in secret everyday. No,I'm not attracted into her anymore. I get that she's just my friend and that's what she really wants us to be.

Laura:Ross?! Are you spying on me?!

Ross:Psh! No! I was just randomly walking around.

Laura:Mmh... Whatever. Well I have to go. See you cutie.

She kissed my cheek and walked away. She can always make me blush. Mostly because she always calls me 'cutie'. I don't know why honestly. The point is that... Not quite everything changed.

Happy new year's EVE! I hope you'll have the best year ever! :D