A Challenge Match

Awkward silence fills the vehicle. Gon lays unconscious on the floor as Killua holds two blocks. "What are those?" I ask as he turns to stare at me. I meet his nervous yet serious gaze as Killua furrows his eyebrows.

"The old man gave these to me," he states, clenching his fist around the tiles. "Apparently, there are two assassins at our destination. Our objective would be to defeat them and take their tiles."

"That makes so much sense."

Killua nods. "What I don't get is why you're here with us instead of with the old man," he points out. "With your abilities, you have the capability to defeat the Chimera Ant that could use Nen. Why did you join us?"

"I wanted to travel back into the NGL and assist Anna, the chairman, Morel, and Knov," I admit. "However, Anna noticed both of your potentials, and she wanted me to help you become even stronger."

Killua frowns. "I get it."

After a few minutes, we arrive in a city. "It seems that we made it to our destination," I state as Killua stands up. "Don't worry, I'll summon one of my celestial spirits to carry Gon."

He nods. "Okay..."

"Open, gate of the maiden! Virgo!"

The maid spirit appears before us as Killua's eyes widen in surprise. "Punishment time, Princess?" She asks, bowing in our direction. My cheeks flush in embarrassment as Killua gives me a weird look.

"No, Virgo." I facepalm, wishing that I summoned Capricorn instead. "Please stop asking for that. Can you please carry the boy laying on the ground with us?"

"Sure, Princess." She picks up Gon with ease. I exchange a look with Killua as we exit the vehicle and head into the city. He continues to walk as I awkwardly follow him. "So, what's the plan?" I ask.

"I have to check something."

I roll my eyes in annoyance. "Care to t...?"

He stops abruptly as I bump into him. "Hey! Watch where you're going!" Killua snaps as I shoot a glare at him. He turns his attention to a giant board as I pivot around him, glancing at the different job requests.

This brings back so many memories, I think to myself. A bittersweet smile forms on my face as I slowly walk towards Killua. "You ready to go yet?" I ask as he meets my gaze.

He shrugs. "Sure."

"We need to find a place to stay," I say sharply as Killua nods in agreement. "The perfect place would be comprised of two bedrooms, a kitchen, and a decent sized living room."

A few moments pass as we enter into a house. Virgo sets Gon down on one of the beds before we exit the room, leaving an unconscious Gon and a burdened Killua in the same room.

"Princess, I need to head back to the celestial spirit world," Virgo says. Tears form in my eyes as I engulf her in a hug. I'm not sure when I'll see her again. "Stay safe, Virgo. I don't wish for anything to happen to you guys," I murmur.

"I understand, Princess." She pats me on the back. "I can assure you that everything will be alright. The darkness won't be able to enter the celestial spirit world and spread to the other worlds."

"I'll take your word for you, but you can never be too careful," I utter. Virgo nods lightly. I force a smile, hoping nothing bad would happen to them. If the darkness hurt my celestial spirit friends, then I would never forgive him.

"I'll see you again, Princess."

"Good bye, Virgo."

The maid spirit disappears into thin air as a sense of emptiness forms in the pit of my stomach. Please be okay, I think to myself. I peek around the corner, seeing Killua sitting on the bed.