Overthrowing the Capital

My eyes snap open, as light shines into the room. I sit up and glance around, as Hisoka, Illumi, and Chrollo sit on a couch in the corner of the room. I furrow my eyebrows in concentration and gaze at my surroundings, instantly realizing that I'm back at headquarters. "What happened...?" I question, which captures the attention of the three males.

Hisoka smirks. "Look who's awake."

"We went to stop Tatsumi's execution," explains Chrollo, who gets to his feet. "You were fighting Esdeath and holding your own against her. As for Mine, Leone, Hisoka, and I, we fought and killed Budo. We freed Tatsumi, and Akame soon returned with Incursio. After that, you used your powers to teleport us back here before falling unconscious."

"I see..." I hum, furrowing my eyebrows in concentration. "I started working on that ability recently." I run a hand through my hair. "Even so, teleporting that many people at once takes a lot out of me." I chuckle to myself and scratch the back of my head sheepishly, as Chrollo nods in my direction.

"Makes sense," Illumi notes. "If you're still new to that ability, then you should be cautious about how you use it." He then crosses his arms. "The other members of Night Raid were extremely concerned when you passed out. I don't think it's a good idea to use that technique without more training unless it's a last resort. Even so, because you teleported everyone back to headquarters, you prevented many causalities."

"In other words, my dear, you did splendidly!"

"Ah."

Suddenly, the room door slams open. Akame stands there, with a look of determination on her face. "The battle to overtake the capital has begun, and the boss wants to see us," she says in a serious tone.

I raise my eyebrows in astonishment and exchange a look with Chrollo, as my heart hammers within my chest. I can't believe that it's already started! I nod in response and get to my feet, as a stern expression appears on my face. If this is the final battle, then we need to be ready.

"So, it's the real deal," I remark, before shooting her a confident grin. "I'm going to get ready real fast." Akame nods in response. "Star dress mix: Leo X Capricorn." I hold out my arms, as a gorgeous, tan, purple, and black dress replaces my outfit. Tan over-the-knee boots appear on my feet, with some tights. On one arm, a tan glove appears, while a black sleeve forms on the other one. Lion ears and goat horns appear on my head, along with two braids.

Akame stares at me in pure awe, as Hisoka smirks and nods in my direction

Akame stares at me in pure awe, as Hisoka smirks and nods in my direction. "Alright," I say abruptly. "I'm done. Let's go." Akame beckons for us to follow her, before leading the way to the dining room, where the others are patiently waiting for us.

"Great. Everyone is here," says Najenda, who smiles and peers around the room. "I appreciate everything you've done for the cause, team." I shift nervously and exchange a look with Chelsea, as tears form in my eyes. Although we knew this day would come eventually, I can't help but feel genuinely sad about it.