SIXTEEN

Eamon

Although masaya ako dahil nakakaramdam na ulit ako, I didn't know what happened next after they brought me to the hospital. All I could see were blinking lights and blurred images. I felt like getting lifted and I heard screaming. Then everything went pitch black.

Someone stumbled on something, the reason why I opened my eyes and everything was just so bright. "Mon..."

I turned my face to the right where I heard Ellie's voice. "Ellie?"

She chuckled. "Yes it's me. Did my clumsiness wake you up?"

Umiling ako habang nananatiling nakapikit. "No, I think that was coincidence."

"Kumusta pakiramdam mo?" It sounded like she sat on the chair beside the bed. I felt her hand caressing my hair.

Ngumiti ako at sinubukan ulit imulat ang mga mata ko. Then I saw her face, pale and worried but filled with glee. That was how it looked, as to why she's happy? I have no idea.

"Okay naman."

"So, uhm, Agent Bennett needs to talk to you kung okay kana?"

I smiled. "Tapusin na natin 'to, Ellie."

I remember everything now. I remember how everything started and how I ended up here. After I talked to Agent Bennett, lumabas siya. Pagbalik niya ay pupunta daw kami ng HQ. Hindi ko alam kung paano pero nagawan ng paraan ni Agent Bennett na makalabas ako saglit ng hospital.

We went directly to the HQ to finish this. Gusto ko nang bumalik sa normal, I want to get all the things I did wrong in my life right.

It was a long agonizing hour for me. I couldn't do anything else but sit on the wheelchair and witness everything happening from the other side if the glass I was looking at.

He didn't want to confess. It was clear. Agent Bennett had to present all evidences for him to feel the guilt and to realize that I, the victim have told the story.

"You are under arrest for attempted murder of Eamon Wadley. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have a right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you." Agent Bennett locked the handcuffs on both his wrists behind his back.

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag mula sa kabilang banda ng salamin. I want to puch him so bad. I wanted to kill him too, make him go through what I've been through for those days I thought I did something wrong. Pero alam kong mali 'yon and I'm pretty sure he'd serve his time in jail or in a psych ward, the way he deserves.

I just can't believe how small his reason was for 'killing' me. For such a small thing he had so much drive to commit a crime. Hindi ako makapaniwala na may tao palang kaya gumawa ng ganoon para sa napakaliit na rason lamang.

Buti nalang Eleanor keeps me sane. The anchor that holds me down and keeps me together. It's been years since I graduated without anybody's help but mine and Eleanor's moral and physical support.

Matapos lumabas sina Agent Bennett ay agad akong nakahinga ng maluwag. Like something big was lifted from my chest. Eleanor hugged me as she let out a huff. I smiled and held on the sides of my wheelchair. Okay na siguro 'to, kahit naka wheelchair ako, at least hindi ako natuluyan.

I chuckled at the thought. Eleanor raised her head and rolled her eyes. "What's so funny?"

"I'm just happy."

"Really?"

"Yeah, and uhh, it might be the wrong time, but..." Umusod ako at may kinuha sa likod ng pocket ng wheel chair.

"Eamon, what is that?"

I smiled and opened the small blue velvet box in front of her. "Well, Eleanor Serna, I can't kneel as of now, but I promise to kneel for you for the rest of my life. I promise to have and to hold you like you're my dear lifeline. We've been together for 4 years- well next week we'll be five years together and I want to seal this deal. I want you mine and I'm all yours, baby."

She was stunned.

"Eleanor Serna, will you marry me?" I continued.

She blinked for a few seconds and cried along with a wide smile plastered on her lips. "Of course! I will marry you!"

Ramdam ko ang pamumula ng tenga ko nang makarinig ako ng palakpakan sa likod ko. As I turned around, I saw Agent Bennett along with Mister Millen and their team. Their big smiles tell me that they're happy for me and how their case turned out.

"Let's go home?"

I looked at Eleanor with a smile and nodded. "Let's go home, Baby."

×

I just want to let you know that this chapter has been written a few months ago and i wasn't really up for updating constantly for personal reasons.

Aj