Chapter 14: If You Don't Love Me Let Me Know

hiiiiiii soo its been like forever and i apologize but school was like shit and there was other shit happnening and just shit you know?? but since i saw or reajf ja whatever i have discovered MACKLEMORE!! i am in love wiht him like innnn lovee but whatever and if you guys catch it im going to put a lyric from one of his songs in here Dedication is to MsTweedleDee because she commented just when I had resorted to leaving comments on my own pieces of work lol…. Thanks hun this is for you….. Enjoy <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     It was deadly silent on Saturday morning. Normally the boys would be grunting and fighting outside, Shiloh tries to cook something occasionally, or my father quietly turns the pages of his paper at the coffee table. There was nothing today, and around midday I expected there at least to be the comforting buzz of white noise. It was silent.

     "Father?" I called and rolled from between the sheets, my pajama bottoms falling to my knees before I pulled them back up to my hips. I exited my room and pulled the hair band from my hair, following my feet leading to the kitchen. The kitchen was spotless and I searched for the last box of poptarts, shoving them down my throat and wandering outside. My pj's were spiderman boxers and a white tank top. My feet were bare and there was a nice shiny red mercedes parked directly in front of my house. Looking around at the unusually sunny day I noticed the garbage was knocked over at the curb and I bent down the pick up the metal tin and cover from the ground.

     "Caira."

     "What!" I screeched from being startled and slammed the metal covering into the car.

     "Shit." Dwayne muttered and stepped to the side of me to see what damage I had caused to the now blaring automobile.

     "Oh was that your car?" I murmured under my breath as he took a pair of keys from his pocket.

     "Yes." he sighed and I turned to take in the new dent and silver scar running above the head light that was now sporting a crack.

     "How did I even manage to do that?" I said fascinated with my destruction and Dwayne gave me a look. "Well what happened to your truck?"

     "This was an early birthday present." he stuffed his hands in his pockets and told me not to worry about it.

     "No I really feel bad about it." I pulled the garbage up and jogged to catch up with Dwayne who was walking to his house.

     "Caira." he stopped and turned around to face me, "First of all you need to put some clothes on. And second its not a big deal. I've done a lot of things worse to you than what you just did, which was an accident." He brushed a strand of hair away from my face and tucked it behind my ear.

     "Ok." I huffed and he smiled at me. "Wait! Where is everyone?"

     "Your dad should be back soon." he answered and proceeded to enter his house. I took his answer and headed back inside my own house to get dressed and put on a long sleeved silver flowing dress. I had absolutely no idea where my father was and he hadn't  left me any notes or messages, so I simply sat at the kitchen table and waited. Once I had successfully beaten an entire game of tetris, which took me a long time, I dropped my phone to the table and rested my head on my hands.

     The door swung open only moments later and my father came bursting in with his face buried in his phone. He paid no attention to me as he dropped his coat in the closet and marched past me to the coffee maker.

     "Dad." I said and his head snapped up to meet mine, his eyes steady as if waiting for me to say something important. "Where were you?" I asked timidly and stood up. I guess not important enough. His eyes left mine and he said nothing as he prepared his coffee, only putting his phone down to hold the top up and pour water in at the same time.