Chapter 17: Mr. Parker

Sorry  I went away for a while and i didn't have my computer….

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "They've been coming more frequently sir. I believe the car accident was just to get your attention." one of my agents handed me a file.

Antonio Guerrez 

Age: 57

Origin: Chiapas, Mexico

     We had been chasing the man for fifteen years and we still only knew these three things. Of course within the file there were several other papers of every crime he has committed and is suspected to have committed.

     "Do we know where he is striking next?" I asked and turned to the computer in front of me.

     "No sir." the agent answered and backed down the dark hallway to another part of headquarters.

     "Agent Cross!" the sound of Mr. Parker's voice always irritated me, and I was of late becoming more aware of why.

     "Yes Parker?" I swiveled my chair around to face the stout burly man.

     "My office. Now!" he bellowed and waddled away on two stubby legs. I took my time walking down the slate blue colored hallways and ended up in front of the thickest door in HQ. Six inches of titanium, beryllium, tungsten, and nickel with carbon nano fiber reinforcements and iron rods protected what HQ considered the most important man in the world. Mr. Parker was important in the scheme of things, but to me he was easily replaceable by myself.

     "Yes Parker." I entered his office and ran my finger along the surface of his metal desk, not drawing away and ounce of dust. He regarded me cooly and I down my nose at him. My action had him rising to his feet and his full height at six foot one.

     "Watch yourself Cross, it is me who funds your little search party remember that. Antonio Guerrez is not at the top of HQ's list but I am the one who allows you to continue your little obsession." he sipped brandi from the short glass in his hand.

     "Was there a reason you called me here Mr. Parker?" I clasped my hands behind my back and he poured a drink for me.

     "Yes. About five and a half miles from here in Spurwood at the storage field there was an anonymous phone call about one of the storage warehouses." he handed me a file, "Last Sunday we also received a tape of a girl locked in a storage unit number 43. Long black hair, brown eyes, five-foot four, thin, pretty." he handed me another file.

     "A few agents went to the scene and upon opening the storage unit it only took two minutes for it to blow. They didn't get her out on time and her along with an agent were killed on impact."

     "What is this?" he handed me a thicker envelope and I pulled out a VCR tape and slip it into the small t.v. on the left wall. An image of another girl tied up in a storage unit came up. There was a similar looking girl, she had shorter hair, but brown eyes, thin, pretty, maybe five-foot six. The camera zoomed out and the storage door was shut to reveal number 62.

     "This is your next mission, you head out at nightfall." Mr. Parker sat back at his desk and I downed the rest of my brandi. "On a brighter note how is the wedding planning going?" he asked sarcastically.

     "Fine." I placed the glass back on his desk and removed myself from the room. Nightfall came soon and myself along with nine other agents headed out to the storage field. I would have taken the boys but, I found it hard to put them in situations like this one.