Chapter 4: Reunion

"WHAT!! I'M NOT COMING BACK NOW! HELL NO!!-- I SAID EIGHT YEARS!!-- NO YOU SAID FOUR!! I DON'T CARE I'M NOT COMING BACK!! I DON'T WANT TO! BUT I- I JUST...... AGGGG!!! FINE!" I pressed the end call button on my sidekick and threw it onto my bed, flopping down on the same ugly green duvet.

     "AHHHHHHHH GAHH GAHHHHH UGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

     "Can you please shut the frack up!" Bella walked right into my room and stood in the center of my pink carpet. I tried to lift up my head to glare at her, but it was a major fail and I just settled for stuffing my face into the closest pillow and letting out an aggravated moan.

     "You know I thought coming back for a weekend from sophomore year would be fun. You know, see my weirdly oblivious father, and my sister from another mister. But no, my father is questioning me about my virginity, and my sister's having a panic attack and screaming obnoxiously in her room. Joy." Bella said sarcastically and I flipped her the finger.

     "My father is making me come back home, because he is getting married to a bitch named Shiloh." I spat.

     "Well the name fits. So you ever met the wicked witch of the cardinal directions?" Bella asked still standing in my room.

     "Take a seat, I'm only gonna be here for another," I looked at my watch. "Five hours. Then it's good-bye time." I pat the spot on the bed next to me.

     "Aren't you coming back after the wedding?" she looked intently into my eyes.

     "No. I'm not coming back." I said softly. Her eyes glazed over and she leant in to give me a hug. "No don't say good-bye yet, you make it seem like I'm dying." I chuckled a bit and struggled to keep the tears from forming in my own eyes.

     "Well I guess you better get packing now then." Bella started as she began to back out of the room.

     "Okay, well why don't you help me?" I asked in an effort to get her to stay a bit longer, and she smiled.

(FOUR HOURS LATER)

      "HA! Do you remember this?" Bella exclaimed as she pulled a tall box from the back of my closet. I walked into the room with a towel wrapped around me and my wet hair draped down my shoulders. Inspecting the box I saw that it had old pink and gold striped wrapping paper all around it, and was coated in a thick layer of dust.

     "Oh my goodness gracious!! Why do you still have all that?" I screamed back at her lunging for the box, while still trying to hold onto my towel.

     "No! I love this. It helped you to get out a lot of your pent up anger. That and the several fights you started at school. I told you that I would never get rid of it." she smiled sadly at the memory.

     "How long ago did I do all that shit again. It seemed like a lifetime ago." I smiled with her, thinking about those several hours we spent making video tapes to record the important parts in my life. The idea had been Bella's, and she thought that it would help if I sang songs to express the 'emotion' I felt deep down inside.

     "Wow. It was two years ago already, when you were 15. Let us play one." Bella said dramatically as she ran over to the old television I had in my room. It had been a gift from Charlie, well more like he found it in the basement and decided to give it to me, seeing as I already spent most of my time in my room anyway. She popped one of the tapes into the VCR and pressed the play button. I proceeded to getting dressed and settled onto my bed, leaning back to see my face pop onto the screen.

    "Hey Bitches! This is Caira." my 15 year old voice came through the speakers, and I couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation. That day I had been wearing a shortened dark green, navy blue, and a bit of red plaid school skirt, a navy blue polo from Banana Republic, and a red head band. I also decided to fashion a pair of six inch black stilettos and a British accent.