Chapter 3: Can we move now?

sorry for the long delay i know i havent updated in like 2 months

but i had to enjoy the simple pleasures of freshman torments :DDD

ENJOY

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     "How many things do you need?" my father asked me as I dragged the last suitcase down the stairs.

     "I'm going to be gone for eight years daddy." I said a little saddened by the idea.

     "Why eight, its only going to be four?" he replied stubbornly.

     "When I finish with high school I'm going to go to college." I told him for the umpteenth time. He hadn't realized that I was committed to the new life plan set for myself. Looking out the window I could see the black business car my father had called for to drive me to Bella's house. 

     "Its only been a day since.... since--"

     "Since I tried to kill myself? Yes I know." I finished for him. As much as he hated to dwell on the events of yesterday, I was determined to leave, and I wanted to leave now.

     "I wish that I could come with you." he said quietly to me.

     "I know, but I need to live my life. I promise I'll come back to visit. Hey being a teenager is a hard yet crucial time in one's life." He snickered a bit.

     "Oh so now you're the wise one."

     "I know that you're going to miss me daddy, but I'll be in good hands. Didn't you say that Charlie was Mommy's best friend in College, and that after his wife died she helped him a bit to raise his daughter?" I retold the same story he had narrated to me last night while tucking me into bed.

     He hadn't wasted any time coming up with possible solutions for me to not want to kill myself. After making the sudden plans with an old friend, he rushed in to tell me while I was thinking of more ways to commit suicide.

     "You're going to go live in Massachusetts for a while. I can't come with you, because I have important work to do here. I love you too much to let you suffer here any longer." he had said to me before I had fallen asleep.

     My four matching orange bags were packed in the trunk of the taxi already, and my blue fuzzy duffle bag was in the back seat with me. My father being paranoid that I would jump out of the plane had paid for the driver to drive me all the way from New Jersey to Brockton, Massachusetts. It would take us roughly five hours to get there. Maybe less with all of the passes and stickers afforded to my private driver. Ohh the luxuries of having a government father, who worked in the shadows of some of the most important people known to the public eye.

     "Don't you want to go say goodbye to the boys next door?" my father questioned as I began to get into the car.

     "No." I answered stiffly, and then proceeded to get in. My father grabbed my elbow and pulled me back out of the car, where I finally noticed the tears in his eyes.

     "Why can you just tell me why you tried to...... why you......!" he started to yell at me.

     "Why can't you just say it?!" I yelled back.

     "Because then it will be real!! Maybe if I just don't say it, it will have never happened, and then I wouldn't be loosing my little girl!!" he retorted.

     "Things don't work that way. What is done, is done. I'm leaving, and I will miss you. Can't you just accept that?" I whispered.

     "No.... I never will." He pulled me into his arms one last time before he kissed me on the top of my head. "Be good okay. If you ever need anything just ask Bella. She's only two years older than you okay, she can help."