Chapter 8: Not in a long time, but just like before.

The annoying rays of sun interrupted my sleep and I rolled over onto my side, momentarily forgetting that I was on a couch and fell off. I was very much awake now, and very much acquainted with the floor as I sat up and reached onto the table for my shirt. Jacob had left some time around two in the morning and I hadn't bothered to get up from the sofa and go to sleep in Alex's room.

     "Were you comfortable?" Alex's voice came out of nowhere and startled me as I began to stretch the knots out of my back. She laughed at the cracking noises coming from my body and took my silence as a no, but she looked slightly sad as well.

     "Are you okay?" I shuffled across the floor to stand in front of her and raised my hands to cup her face so she was looking into my eyes.

     "I've done some bad things in my life," she whispered "and I don't know if I'll ever be forgiven."

     "Of course you will. Its hard to stay mad at you; whomever it is will come around." I shook her encouragingly and gave her a tight squeeze to which she nervously laughed and hugged me back.

     "Thanks." she said simply and headed into the kitchen to make breakfast. I hurriedly ate the oatmeal, disgusted at its soupy presence but thankful that Alex made it for me, and ran upstairs to take a quick shower in her bathroom. The toilet lid was up and before I closed it I chuckled at the black streaks rimming the inner bowl from the lipstick last night. I knew for sure that my father would definitely have decided my punishment by now so I was in no hurry to head back home. I got dressed quickly in some dark purple sophies and an extra large and loose fitting grey t-shit that i had cut the sleeves and the neck off of.

     "Do you know that I can see your electric blue sports bra under your arms from across the room?" I rolled my eyes at Alex and stuck out my tongue, to which she snorted very un lady-likely.

     "You're supposed too." I smirked at her and refilled my water bottle, before giving her a bone crushing hug and exiting to my car. I turned the radio on and threw my bag into the back while putting on my dark shades. The shades gave me a sense of confidence and I rolled down the windows so any neighboring cars could hear my blasting music.

     I took my time driving my luxurious car, in case having it taken away was going to be my punishment. The normal hour drive took me 90 minutes to get home and i wished that it would have taken longer. I had been parked in the drive way for about five minutes now and I was seriously dreading going inside. I slouched my head back against the head rest and sighed heavily.

     "Man up bitch!" I scolded myself and opened my car door. I swung my legs over the side and pulled myself out. My father was watching me from the window with narrowed eyes and moved to the front door to open it up for me. He then turned around and made his way up to his office. I contemplated going up there to ask him about my punishment, but I just hoped that he would forget entirely. I made up my mind after five minutes of just standing there, and followed him up to his study, but not to talk about my punishment.

     He seemed very engrossed in his computer when I got up there after I spent at least three minutes dragging my feet up the stairs.

     "What are you doing?" I asked as I entered and leaned back against the door. He never answered me, just made 'ooh' and 'aahh' sounds at the screen and fidgeted around in his seat. "Hello?"

     "I'm watching this fighting clip the boys told me to look at." he said quickly, his eyes never leaving the screen.

     "I wanted to know if you wanted to come to a performance I'm doing at a restaurant named Star-trust in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania tonight?" I asked him hopefully. He was quiet, still watching the screen before he talked back.