Chapter 7: Fighting for

By the time I made it to Alex's house I was already drenched in my own tears. She opened the doors to her home and opened her arms right as I collapsed into her.

     "I'm so sorry baby." she whispered into my ear and rubbed my hair while I slumped further down on the floor of her room. The rug was itchy underneath me but I didn't complain, because I had other things to be upset about.

     "I just hate this so much. Its not fair that he wants me to come back all of the sudden so he can get married. You know he never even told me that he had a girlfriend or that he was dating. In fact he doesn't even seem to like her; I don't know what's up." I sat up straighter and glanced at her face. Her eyebrows were furrowed together with one slightly raised and she slouched in confusion.

     "Okay?" she hopped off the floor and headed over to her vintage dresser that was so out of place in her room. The pink trim was chipping off of the aqua walls and the door was falling off its hinges, but Alex insisted that it added character to the room. She took a wipe that had been resting on her dresser and ripped open the package, flinging the wet paper at me. I rubbed at my tear streaked face and handed the used napkin back to her to which she made a face.

     "Where are your parents?" I questioned.

     "Business trip." she answered briefly and took a seat down beside me again and started a movie that we only got halfway through before I interrupted her.

     "I'm going to call Jacob and tell him about the kiss. I think its wrong not to tell him, because I love him." I whispered to her.

     "I don't think you should do that." Alex said hesitantly.

     "What? Why? You said he would understand." I started to cry again and Alex held me in her arms.

     "Well I was thinking about it and do you remember what happened the last time? Well I just don't think it will turn out well and I know how much you like him." she rubbed my hair again and I just listened to the sound of her heart.

     "No Alex, I love him." but I did remember the last time and I knew that he would probably break up with me, forever this time. So I cried and cried until the river inside of me had gone dry and then I looked up at Alex.

     "Why did you put makeup on if you knew you were going to cry?" she said disgusted and I just laughed at her, to which she joined in after a while.

     "I don't know, I forgot." I stumbled over my feet in my haste to get up and walked over to her bathroom. My mascara left stripes down my cheeks and my eyeliner was smudged to the sides. "I look like an emo clown." I lauged at myself and Alex came up behind me with her hands behind her back.

     "Nope now you do." she attacked my lips with black lipstick and I ended up looking worse than before. A long dark line attached itself from my chin up to my nose and around one eye before ending at my right ear. Alex started to chuckle and I grabbed the lipstick from her hand, but she wasn't ready to give up yet and we started to wrestle until it flew into the toilet. Quickly I ran over and pressed the handle down.

     "Ehhhhhhhh!"

     "What the hell are you doing?"

     "Most toilets flush in E-flat." I answered her and slapped the lid down.

     "Your so weird. I remember the day we met when you first came out of jail." she handed me another wipe and I was sure to wash everything off this time.

     "I remember that day too. You didn't believe me." I slapped her butt and sat down on her bed.

     "How many thirteen year old's do you know have been to jail?" she said sarcastically and laid down beside me.