Chapter 13: Revisiting the Past

It was Sunday afternoon and I hadn't even come out of my room yet. I was mad at myself and my father… and Alex. Jacob was probably going to break up with me now. He probably wanted a girl who wasn't afraid to introduce him to her father, and someone with less baggage. Around six o'clock in the evening the sky started to get dark and I could barely make out the patterns on the ceiling in the dim lighting.

     Stupidly I was waiting for my father to come in to my room and apologize to me, but I knew that wouldn't happen. He didn't care how I felt. I was afraid that he'd stop loving me and not want me around anymore, because as much as I hated to admit it I was glad to have come home.

     My stomach was yelling at me for not having eaten, and my bladder was screaming which seemed to be so much louder. I rolled out of my bed and walked to the bathroom. It was really hard to ignore mother nature's call for twenty four hours, and think at the same time. Sighing I examined my face in the mirror. There were bags under my eyes and a rash forming on my upper cheek. I wasn't a very pretty girl, there was something about me that just made everything plain. I wanted to be pretty though, there just wasn't anything I could do.

     "Caira your father wants you to eat something, and then he wants you to go to his office." Dwayne spoke through my door. I didn't even acknowledge that I heard him, I just put on a hoodie and opened the door before he had the chance to knock again. He was just wearing sweatpants and some socks, and I narrowed my eyes at him before walking past to the stairs.

     "Leave." was the first thing I said when I saw the other boys in the kitchen, and noticed everyone else was wearing a shirt. They didn't respond to me, but Manny held up the box of poptarts I had been looking for and shook it, letting me know that it was now empty because his fat ass ate it. My weekend was already ruined, so it couldn't do any harm to anyone if Manny suddenly died.

     "YOU PIG!!" I picked up the plastic knife that had been resting on the counter beside me and lunged. Two strong arms wrapped around me from behind and Max snatched the weapon from my hand.

     "Calm down." Dwayne breathed down my neck which made me a bit uneasy. He was holding me tightly against his chest and I could feel his pecs rising and falling with each breath against my back. Manny didn't look phased in the slightest, and Andy and Logan were looking at me like I was crazy.

     "Dwayne please let me go." I whined and started squirming. "Please please please please please!!" I begged him to let me go.

     "Not until you calm down." he spoke deeply and then cleared his throat.

     "I'm calm I promise." I whined again and slumped over.

     "No you aren't." he whispered huskily.

     "Dwayne please!" I didn't want him to touch me, and I certainly didn't want to feel his excited buddy that was pressing into my butt. "I don't like this." I whispered so only he could hear me. Instantly his arms relaxed and my feet once again touched the floor.

     "I'm sorry." he whispered hesitantly back to me and I slumped dramatically into a pile on the floor.

     "What the hell is wrong with you?" Manny asked and crossed his pudgy arms as they all gathered around and looked down at me.

     "I wasn't really going to hurt you." I cried out and covered my face with my hands.

     "You couldn't even if you tried." he started laughing to himself and I removed my hands so that my glare would be effective. Eventually they walked away and I was still laying on the cold floor of the kitchen. When it became too hard for my back I stood up and grabbed a frozen dinner from the freezer to eat. The boys had disappeared by the time I was done scarfing down food, and I wandered around my now eerily quiet house to find them.