Chapter 1: Egypt

I didn't want to wake up. That would mean getting dressed, and that would mean eating breakfast, and that would mean going to school......... with the five boys next door. I swung my legs out from under the safety of my sheets and placed my feet on the floor. My alarm clock was beside me on my night stand waiting to beep in two minutes. The irritable ring was annoying and so often I woke up before it could pull me from my glorious wonderful sleep. I was having an amazing dream before I opened my eyes.

     Manny was swinging by his feet from a thin stringy rope dangling over a pot of boiling gatorade. It sounds ridiculous, but that wasn't the word I would use to describe the time they found a container of gatorade left from the big game basking in the sun, and decided to dump it on my head. His short stubby body was bathing in sweat, and his mouth was gone, preventing him from making any jokes. Andy was just barley standing with his wobbly knees, as more and more bricks fell on top of the metal panel he was using to shield himself. His brain rested at his feet where I used my awesome mind powers to make him cut it out before I buried him with bricks. Now he couldn't say anything about how much smarter than me he was, because I had mind powers, and he had no brain. Logan was in a room where slowly but surely the walls were closing in on him, and they would only stop if he could solve a riddle that would take him longer to answer than the amount of time he had left before he was smashed. Max was seated next to me on my high throne with a red button in his hands that had the power to stop all of the madness that was my imagination. But he couldn't move, courtesy of me. As always he was the onlooker. With the power to stop everything, but he just never did. And last and certainly least, was Dwayne. 

     Dwayne was chained to the bottom of a well that was filling up each second, with chains that only seemed to extend from their position nailed to the floor 5 feet. Stingrays swam in the deepening water, cutting Dwayne over every inch of his body with their long sharp slimy tails. I knew he was deathly afraid of them, which made the show all the more entertaining.

     "BEEEEEP!!!!!" my alarm clock woke me out of my now day dream state. I sighed and slipped on a pair of grey sweatpants and a baggy T-shirt. The shirt had a small logo at the bottom but I didn't mind the difference to what I normally would wear: a plain T-shirt. I commended myself for stepping out of my comfort zone a bit and went to the bathroom. I put my ugly thick dark brown hair into a ponytail. The poof sticking up like a bunny tail at the back of my head. My braces made my lips puffy from the poking, and I then looked at my pathetic face in the mirror. My eyes were still red and swollen from last nights crying, but I keep insisting to everyone that is just how my eyes are.

     I slid down the banister to meet my parents in the kitchen. Mom was making pop-tarts and dad was silently reading the newspaper. I crept up behind him, raising my arms ready to lunge.

     "BOO!" he screamed turning around. I screamed from the shock of being caught and just settled down in the seat next to him with a pout on my face like a four year old.

     "How do you do that?" I murmured to myself and he chuckled in reply. My mother put a plate of potatoes, eggs, and veggie sausage in front of me and I dug in.

     "How do you do that?" my dad commented, admiring my veggietarian-ness. I beamed at him and began to eat. Rushing upstairs I took one last long look in the mirror and brushed my teeth. Putting my orthodontic headgear on I headed out the front door with my backpack. The bus pulled up and I could see the boys next door exiting their house. I scrambled onto the bus and sat all of the way in the back by myself as kids began to move away from me. Awaiting what would come within the next 20 seconds I gazed out the window. Another day of seventh grade.

     As if on cue the five boys strode onto the bus and looked around, scanning the faces of students as I attempted to hid in my seat. The other seventh graders looked up in admiration as the most popular five guys in our grade decided on where they were to sit. I exhaled, thinking that they hadn't seen me, but low and behold, Dwayne did. Air whipped by my face and I closed my eyes, savoring the last second of........ well of not being near them.