𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

miss mystic falls

        RORY HAD BEEN IN TOWN, FOR TWO DAYS, SHE HAD GOTTEN TO SEE CARE'S FRIENDS and many familiar faces, and some of her favorites

RORY HAD BEEN IN TOWN, FOR TWO DAYS, SHE HAD GOTTEN TO SEE CARE'S FRIENDS and many familiar faces, and some of her favorites. Today she was spending her running errands with Jenna, who she missed dearly. The two friends embraced in a tight hug, once reunited.

"I thought you would stay in New York for more time." Jenna says. "And I quote, 'I am living my best Rachel Greene life.'" She adds making the Forbes woman laugh.

"Yeah, well Care called and I came running to help." Rory says.

"Miss Mystic Falls." Jenna says and Rory nods.

"Yeah, she wants to win." Rory says and Jenna nods. "How's Elena taking hers?"

"I remember how much you hated yours." Jenna adds and Rory nods. "And she's participating, Miranda helped sign her up." Rory nods sadly, and give Jenna's hand a slight squeeze. Jenna lost her sister and brother in law and became the Gilberts siblings guardian.

"Mason and I spent the entire time fighting." She says. "But it made mom happy, and Care was over the moon, seeing me in that big puffy dress." She says, her distaste clearly evident in her voice.

"You took a lot of his crap." Jenna tells her and Rory laughs nodding. "What happened to the guy you were seeing?

"It fizzled out." Rory says quickly, not thinking about it, or him. Jenna decides against pushing the subject, Rory clearly don't want to talk about it.

RORY HAD TALKED TO MRS.ADAMS ABOUT APPLYING FOR THE JOB OPENING IN her bookstore. She loves the thought of working at a bookstore, she hadn't worked at a bookstore before. But she would give it her all. After all her major was English Literature, might as well use it.

She got the job and had her first shift next week, she had the weekend to help Care with Miss Mystic Falls. Rory was determined to help Caroline win.

RORY FORBES HELPED CAROLINE GET READY. JENNA WAS HELPING ELENA AND SOME of the girls participating are putting in their makeup.

"You're ready?" Rory asks her young sister who looks at her and smiles nervously. Rory could tell her sister was sad, and she hugs her. "You'll be alright, you're Caroline Forbes." She reminds her. "Just, don't forget to have fun." She tells her.

"Rory?" Caroline asks looking at her through the mirror. Rory raises an eyebrow at her. "Thank you." Caroline genuinely smiles at her.

"You'll do great." Rory says and Caroline smiles.

RORY MAKES HER WAY TO THE GARDEN BUT NOT BEFORE SHE OVERHEARING THE CONVERSATION between Damon and Elena, and then Damon, Elena and Stefan, after Damon left it was just Elena and Stefan's argument over drinking blood. How it's changing him.

Stefan asks, "Why? Because I kept a secret from you? Come on Elena, look, giving the way you're reacting right now, can you really blame me for doing that?"

Elena says frustrated, "Are you hearing yourself right now? You've been stealing blood and lying and you say that everything's fine? Everything's not fine Stefan!"

Stefan asks, "So what's you and Damon all the sudden have everything figured out then?"

Elena says, "It's not about Damon. It's about what's happening to you."

Stefan says, "I know and I'm telling you that I'm fine. I'm fine. Please come on. Elena I thought you... I thought you believed in me." Someone is coming down the corridor and Rory quickly leaves, they're vampires in Mystic Falls, is the only thing on her mind.

THE MYSTIC FALLS EVENT BEGAN, MAYLOR LOCKWOOD BEGAN HIS SPEACH INTRODUCING each of the candidates.

Mayor Lockwood announces, "Miss Caroline Forbes and her escort Jeffrey Lockwood Hamilton." Caroline walks down the stairs, and Rory smiles at her. She didn't believe she got a Lockwood as her escort, it felt like deja vu.

Mayor Lockwood says, "Miss Elena Gilbert, escorted by Mister Stefan Salvatore." Rory looks for Stefan ad Elena walks down the stairs and looks for Stefan but she doesn't see him. Rory sees Damon takes Stefan's place to escort Elena. She smiles and rejoins him and the girls and their escorts begin the dance.

      THE GIRLS ARE ON STAGE, RORY WAS FEELING PROUD OF HER BABY SISTER. MAYOR Lockwood begins his speech, "Before I crown a winner, I'd like to offer a personal thank you to all of these young ladies for their efforts to better our community." Everyone applause, "So, without further due it is my honor to announce our very own Miss Mystic Falls, Miss Caroline Forbes!" She is surprised. She and Elena are laughing, Elena congratulates her.

Caroline says, "I actually won." Caroline looks for Rory in the crowd and she finds her older sister smiling at her proudly as Elena and her embrace each other; the mayor puts the scar on her shoulder.

After the celebration on stage, Caroline quickly make her way to Rory who embraces her in a tight hug as she tells her how her proud of her she is. "Where's mom?" Caroline asks and Rory gives her a small smile.

"She went looking for Amber." Rory informs her and Caroline nods. "I'm so happy for you." Rory smiles widely at her sister. She seemed to be enjoying this more than Rory ever did. Part of her believes Caroline was born for the spotlight and relished in it. She is does, Rory pretends to like it but part of her is always dying in anxiety when she's thrusted into it. Cheerleading, and her extracurricular activities helped her with gaining confidence.

     THE FORBES GIRL SAT IN THE LIVING ROOM EATING BURGERS AS NIGHT ROAMS AROUND, laughter fills the living room. The two girls were gossiping and stuffing their faces with burgers and fries.

"You look like you had so much fun." Rory tells Caroline.

"I did." Caroline says as her eyes light up, she begins to tell her the perspective of her day, and Rory smiles listening to her baby sister. She was glad her day wasn't ruined and spent fighting with a significant other. "Even if my escort wasn't my first option, I won." She smiles widely and laughs. "Not my first option at all." She says making Rory laugh and at the moment Liz walks in. She wraps Caroline in a hug, kissing the roof of her head and telling her how proud of her she is.

"We got you a burger and fries." Rory says making Liz smile before taking the left over burger taking a bite, and she joins the girls in their talk.

_________

Words 1091
Todays update! Double update since I didn't update yesterday, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! I like it! Rory attends Miss Mystic Falls and it brings back memories for her. Don't forget to vote, comment, and share! Let me know what you think!
Updated December 08, 2022

 Don't forget to vote, comment, and share! Let me know what you think! Updated December 08, 2022