𝐭𝐰𝐨

1985: rory's birth

     A SIXTEEN YEAR OLD BLONDE GIRL, NAMED REESE JANE GIBBS, SAT IN HER BATHROOM, terrified to her core as she stares at her pregnancy positive test

A SIXTEEN YEAR OLD BLONDE GIRL, NAMED REESE JANE GIBBS, SAT IN HER BATHROOM, terrified to her core as she stares at her pregnancy positive test. She knew that this was bad news, this would change her life drastically. She didn't even have a clue how she was going to tell her parents much less the baby's father, Jamie Hale.

When her parents found out,(which was sooner than she expected) they sent her away, to a boarding house that would do close adoptions, to help the young women of America get rid of the babies for teenage girls. She would be spending the rest of her pregnancy there, and she would pick out a good set of parents for the fetus. She would give them the baby and never have to think of them. Her mother told her this chapter in her life would be over, and she wouldn't have to deal with the consequences of raising a child as a teenage single mom.

Reese knew how disappointed her mother was in her, she made it clear every chance she got. Reese has never felt so alone, she had the people in the program helping her but it wasn't the same as having a parents support. Fetus Rory's introduction to being known about wasn't the warmest.

WINTER FELL OVER THE USUAL SUNNY CALIFORNIA STATE, RAIN FELL ON TUESDAY December 17, 1985. The rain fell heavy, against the hospital window, as a very pregnant sixteen year old Reese Jane Gibbs, laid on a hospital bed, hoping the pain would go away, soon. The one thing distracting her from her contractions was the rain, the sound of the rain pelting the hospital window. Reese had turned off the tv not being able to pay attention and it only irritating her even more, as it went on. Reese's parent accompanied her, Melinda and Peter, Melinda by her daughter side and Peter waited outside in the waiting room. The drugs seemed to be kicking in, and Melinda was disappointed in her daughters reckless behavior but she knew the teenager needed her, so she put her emotions aside and held her daughters hands all through the birth.

AFTER SIXTEEN HOURS OF INTENSE LABOR, WHERE REESE CRIED, HUFFED, AND yelled out in pain, Reese held her daughter in her arms, for the first and last time in her life. She knew that the pain, that it was worth it. For that brief moment she allowed herself to fall in love with the baby girl in her arms, she didn't think that soon, she would be ripped away from her. Reese found it poétic, sixteen hours of active labor, while only being sixteen. "Jamie." She whispers looking down at the babygirl in her arms. Her soon to be parents entered the room, Moira and Clint Forbes, Moira rushes to her side.

"Can you name her Jamie? I won't ever contact her. Please." Reese begged the older woman, who had been struggling with infertility, and gave up hope on conceiving a child of her own. So she chose adopting, one, giving them a loving home, with loving parents.  Reese had spoken to Moira and Clint, and she chose the couple to be her unborn child's parents.

"She looks like a Jamie." Moira smiles softly. Clint nods, approving of the name.

"Lorelai Jamie." Clint says making his wife smile. Lorelai after his late mother in law, who passed before being able to meet little Lorelai. She was a wonderful, resilient mother who raised four kids. He hoped Lorelai or Rory would take after his mother in law.

"Lorelai Jamie." Reese smiles softly kissing the top of her head. "Can I just say goodbye to her?" She asks admiring Lorelai. "Before you take her." Reese asks the two. Moira nods, letting the young mom talk to her baby. Reese gave Lorelai a kiss on her forehead and said her goodbye, before handing her off to Moira, in tears. The hospital knew about the arrangements, they had so several like these, through the boarding school. Reese would be paid a hefty amount to keep her mouth shut, and never speak of what happened, or contact the baby, she was giving up. To the rest of the world, Reese left to study with her aunt and uncle, which technically isn't a lie. Her reputation would remain intact and she'd be able to go back to living her life as a teenager, and focus on her studies. Reese imagined the life Lorelai would have, she'd be happy, grow up with two loving parents and be financially stable. Something Reese couldn't provide her. When the Forbes parents left with the new born, Reese couldn't hold it anymore and she cried in the room, she cried her eyes out, and her mother walked and she quickly wiped away the tears.

REESE WAS RIGHT, LORELAI OR RORY, (NICKNAMED BY HER FATHER) DID GROW UP in a stable, happy and loving home, outside of Mystic Falls, while the family, mostly Clint, was still being an active members of the council and founding families. Her parents, Moira and Clint Forbes dotted on their only daughter, and spoiled the young girl. Moira was a stay at home mom and Clint taught lectures at Witmore College. Rory spent most of her days with her mom, until she went to preschool and then school. When Clint got home, he would dance in the living room with Princess Rory, and the home was filled with love, laughter, and fun. Rory and Moira spent a lot of their afternoons baking pastries and making spaghetti or any pastas. Lorelai always loved helping her mother set the table for dinner, surprising her dad.

"How would you feel about having a baby brother?" Moira asks a five year Rory. The family sat down for dinner.

"A baby brother?" Rory asks with wide eyes filled with joy. "Marissa says brothers can be fun!" She smiles. "Veronica prefers little sisters. Can I have a little sister?"

"We'll see." Clint smiles, loving his daughters enthusiasms.

"Yes! I'm going to be a big sister!" Rory exclaims smiling widely. "Is aunt Liz going to come over soon? I miss her!" She says.

"Soon." Moira tells her and Rory goes on telling them about her day at school, the adventures Marissa and Veronica had today.

_________

Words 1057
I hope you guys enjoy! RORY IS BORN! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share! Check out my other stories and stay safe!
Updated December 01, 2022

Words 1057I hope you guys enjoy! RORY IS BORN! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!  Check out my other stories and stay safe! Updated December 01, 2022